-> aX DISCORD here <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Victory in Europe day

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Victory in Europe day

Postby Salo Uronili RUS » Fri May 08, 2020 1:24 pm

Today, some players decided not to fight, but to gather in certain places on the maps to make “joint photos” or even something like a parade, in connection with the anniversary of the end of the war in Europe.
Salo Uronili RUS

Re: Victory in Europe day

Postby Salo Uronili RUS » Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 pm

We gathered in F1 on El Alamein with several tanks, but other players attacked us, so the peace picture did not work out :cry:
Attachments
Victory in Europe day 111.jpg
Victory in Europe day 111.jpg (239.89 KiB) Viewed 4301 times
Salo Uronili RUS

Postby ComradeIvanKovolot » Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 pm

LOL Salo, that is an AWESOME IDEA! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ComradeIvanKovolot

Postby iCQ » Sat May 23, 2020 6:33 am

HAHAHAHA AMAZING WOW SO NICE, awesome! (i was not around during these days sorry busy life)

Note i am not a Christian, i hope assholes all die tomorrow and go to heaven... too bad there aint no room for all the assholes i count today

PLEASE NOTE.. there are STILL people here who celebrate war, who pray Hitler came back or people that think all chinese or africans must die... the stupidity and unholiness is rampant

SO I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS PHOTO Salo Uronili RUS! AWESOME! Dobre!

Postby Semaka(Ro) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:49 pm

It was Grazier and The Vicar's gathering too, I believe ;)
Semaka(Ro)

Postby TheVicar » Mon May 25, 2020 3:55 pm

We've been trying to achieve peace in church for years now.

The Church of Bocage is the safest location but Bulge's is a bloodbath
TheVicar

Postby Semaka(Ro) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:10 am

:lol:
Semaka(Ro)

Postby Salo Uronili RUS » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:01 am

I think, playing this wonderful game, we must not forget the real events on which it is based. The war was terrible, but it put a lot in their places. Russia was an ally of the United States and Britain, as in the WWI. I think it was right. It was a moment of reconciliation of ideologies. Now such a reconciliation is lacking, especially since the time of ideology has passed. We really lack "the spirit of Elba".
In addition, many countries that were allies of the Nazis turned their weapons against them, and this was also certainly true.
Salo Uronili RUS

Postby Salo Uronili RUS » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 am

It is very bad that now the history of WWII is being revised, there is a substitution of concepts, the silence of some facts and the emphasis of other facts. This is done by vile people. Our ancestors will not forgive us for indulging these villains.
For example, some countries whose citizens massively collaborated with Hitler are now masking this fact, emphasizing that these citizens fought for their country, for their national liberation. This thesis is not without foundation, but does not cancel the fact of collaboration. In addition, the struggle of collaborators of excesses often boiled down to the massacres of civilians during anti-partisan operations.
in addition, the tragedy of World War II is not only the Holocaust and not only the suffering of soldiers at the front. In the war, not only 6 million Jews were killed, but also 5 million Poles (most of them civilians). The USSR lost 27 million citizens, of which only 10 million were military (and a third of the military died in captivity due to inhuman treatment). A real civil war erupted in Yugoslavia, killing millions of people. True ethnic cleansing took place throughout Eastern and Southern Europe, and not all of them were satisfied with the Germans - more often it was the result of interethnic hostility of local residents.
Salo Uronili RUS

Postby Salo Uronili RUS » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 am

And, of course, these disgusting phenomena are the equalization of the USSR and Nazi Germany, the accusation of the USSR in cooperation with Germany at the beginning of the war, as well as the belittling of the role of the USSR. What can I say:
1. Yes, these were 2 totalitarian regimes, but we mustn't forget about ideologies hostile to each other, Hitler's racist theory, numerous attempts by Soviet diplomacy in the 1930s to build a defensive alliance against Hitler in Europe.
2. The USSR signed a pact with Hitler (by the way, like many other European countries before), when all these attempts were exhausted, after the Munich agreement at 1938, and in order to gain some time.
3. Hitler purposefully killed millions of people in Europe (not only Jews), but the USSR with allies destroyed Hitler. The USSR did not commit comparable atrocities in those countries from which the Germans were knocked out. We were not perfect, but in general we performed a liberation mission.
4. We just left Finland and Norway. In other countries, after our arrival, communist regimes arose, yes, but they didn't arise simply on our bayonets. Communist ideology at that time became really very popular. Even in Italy there were about 60,000 communist partisans (info from Western literature), and Yugoslavia created the communist state almost independently. Therefore, don't believe the lies about the communist occupation. Tales of repression, GULAG, commissars, etc. - this is true, but communism cannot be associated only with this - it's grotesque.
5. The USSR lost hundreds of thousands of soldiers in eastern Europe and Germany. Now the monuments to our military are being destroyed, their graves are desecrated. This is done out of hatred of communism. But if these soldiers didn't die, would those who do it now live?
Salo Uronili RUS

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion