-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

ping 19 glitcher

Someone has been a bad boy?

Re: ping 19 glitcher

Postby TheVicar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:52 pm

The server is in Slovakia, but when you connect you will be routed via France. And that is your ping/latency. Your location -> France. (You can no longer connect directly to the Slovakian server's true IP)

try this:
start-run cmd (go into DOS command prompt)
then type in

tracert 94.23.196.155
TheVicar

Postby Semaka(Ro) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Thanks ! I kinda remember that command, using it in past.
Semaka(Ro)

Postby Semaka(Ro) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:46 pm

So it seems it goes from RDS ( my ISP ) to London, then Fr.net and then gamespy. Last number is 49 ms - that is also the latency ? Cos its what I usually have anyway.
Semaka(Ro)

Postby TheVicar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:25 pm

thats correct. I was able to connect to both the current IP via France 94.23.196.155 and direct to the Slovakian aX server itself (109.71.68.254), but that connection was disabled over a year ago, and now everybody must go via the gaming IP route in France. The ping to France (depending on my routing) was between 17and28, the direct connection to the server in Slovakia was around 60. If you look at the 109 IP its "invisible" and resolves out to 217.75.70.154, in my case with a ping of 60ms

I'm in the North of England, UK and will route via London on the way to France
ldn-5-a9.uk.eu [54.36.50.114]

another useful command is:
netstat -a

that will display all external internet connections to your PC
you can then use nslookup to resolve the IP of those connections

eg:
nslookup forum.bf1942.sk

will give the result:

Server: home.gateway.home.gateway
Address: 192.168.1.254
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: forum.bf1942.sk
Address: 89.40.125.235

Another very useful command, to look at all the connections to your PC, on your local network
i.e. display a network printer, a share from another PC etc (including MAC address)

arp -a
TheVicar

Postby Semaka(Ro) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:35 pm

So the 19 pinger is somewhere close to french border in Germany you think ?
Semaka(Ro)

Postby TheVicar » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:49 am

They could be anywhere, depending on routing. Check out Creamy Goodness, Silas Golic. They have pings you would not expect and they are in New Zealand and Australia. High speed (low latency) connections/routes are available from different places

I know people in the UK who have download speeds that are more than 10x-30x the bandwidth that I have, but their latency/pings are only a bit different to mine. Bandwidth and latency dont really have a relationship. They are 2 very different things

My bandwidth is currently 3.8mbps, with a 28 latency when playing aX42. I could use satellite broadband for my internet, and get 35mbps - but then my latency would be more than 1000ms. Ping/latency can only be used to recognise the player to a degree, its not a 100% guarantee though. There are easy ways to consistently increase your latency, within your home - and not by downloading in the background (that would only intermittently change my latency - it would increase and decrease very quickly and everyone playing would see that fluctuation)

The key to half identifying a player by ping, is that they cant reduce their ping

Problem: There is a way around that though - but you must think ahead...

Example: The player with a ping of 115 cant play with a lower ping than 115. Unless they randomly get a better connection by mistake. Only if they were clever enough to start playing with a locally fixed/modified ping that was higher than their minimum attainable ping, could they then fake their latency as a lower one by choice in the future - But they would have had to have thought ahead a long time ago, to hide their lowest possible ping, and 115 didn't do that

I can play at a stable ping of 30+ more than my best attainable ping, by using a local trick on my network - But my best ping is 17 depending on my ISP's route. The ping would then always show up on the internet as approx 47 when I was playing. I then play as a disruptor with a ping of 47, under other peoples names to cause shit. When I want to play and not be identified, I stop the local trick on my network and rejoin the server with a ping of 17 (with the same IP, or change my ISP's IP to a different one, as I dont have static IP in UK)

There are too many variables to trust a ping/latency as an identifier, or guess a location. The only thing to know is that 95% of people wouldn't easily beable to reduce their ping. I'd forget about trying to use ping to guess anybodies location that much. Only having their "true" IP can help locate them, and also that can be spoofed...

The 95% just became 92% in the future. Once the local trick is learned the 92% becomes progressively lower over time and the identifier problem gets slightly worse. But the disruptors must do this ahead of time. They must plan ahead before changing their real internet connection

And I dont think they care that much to worry about even doing it

Its TheWildWest online these days
TheVicar

Postby Horza » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am

yep i got a ping of 64 in the past. In France
Horza

Postby Semaka(Ro) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:37 am

They don't care because of the ban threat being low. People get only kicked by admin and the team kill auto ban is more severe than their actions : )) But concerning the dynamic IP, if the admin with ban right want, at least on the old Romanian counter strike servers, could've ban the whole range and then you kinda got screwed the way I knew it, along with the dynamic IP :D
Semaka(Ro)

Postby Shadowdogkgb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:32 am

Just an fyi. 19 ping is currently using the name The Spice. I spec'd him on El Al and Bocage. He knows exactly where planes and people are coming from even behind hills. He fires the AA at planes way before he even sees them. Using aimbot too, had ridiculous KDR, never missed.
Shadowdogkgb

Postby luftwaffles » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:44 am

yes its confirmed... Currently playing as "The Spice"

Ping 19-20.
I spectated him and watched him shoot through walls before people were visible. He would take off and immediately target people from beyond line of sight and know where people were hiding behind mountains.
About 5 people on server all agreed hes hacking.

He also used the expression "rekt" which is what ping 19 was saying while blatantly hacking.
luftwaffles

Previous

Return to Abuse Reports