-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Clarification on Market Garden

Someone has been a bad boy?

Clarification on Market Garden

Postby JawBreaker » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:29 pm

There is a circumstance that is going on during the play of the map Market Garden that I would like guidance on. It creates heated arguments on the server.

An old adage of warfare is .. if I can see you, you can see me. It's fundamental. The aX server rule of not attacking uncapturable main bases is being exploited and breaking this basic concept of warfare.

There is a player called "Poor_Coward". Now, I like the boy. Seems like a fine fellow. But, he enjoys glitching. Pixel aiming. Bending the rules to the very edge of unsportsmanlike conduct.

On Market Garden, he sits near the windmill and just fires and fires and fires that Wespe. Now, if one of us goes over there to get him to stop this .. all holy hell is raised by the Axis. "You can't be on this side of the river".

This extends, on Market Garden, to tanks, as well. I counted no less than five tanks on that side of the river just firing. No attempt whatsoever to take a flag. Just tank sniping. Across the river.

If somebody goes over there to get them, people start screaming.

Now, there shouldn't be a circumstance where somebody can fire at you but you can't fire at them.

These guys know this and are exploiting the aX server rule.

Two ways to handle it:

Admin states "You can't sit on this side of the river and just fire. You have to try to take a flag." And after a warning, a kick comes.

or

Admin states: "Well, guys, that's fair. They were sitting over here firing and they have a right to defend themselves."

It's a sticky wicket caused by the uncapturable base rule that is unique to the aX server. The game was not designed this way. That rule causes a great deal of hard feelings and is a basis for argument among players.

Maybe a clarification is in order from George or one of the other admins on their position on this gray area.

JB

JawBreaker

Re: Clarification on Market Garden

Postby Nateos | George » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 pm

you can shoot back . no problem. every weapon fired from main can be shot at. at least that s my point of view
Nateos | George

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Roger that, George.

>> " every weapon fired from main can be shot at "

Being that the MAXIMUM amount of tanks the Allies can have on this modded Market Garden is 4 .. that leaves 28 guys without the means to fire across the river with effect. Can a player swim across the river and try to nade or ex-pack a tank firing on the shore?

And stretching that .. can somebody in a plane fly there to bomb a tank firing across the river?
JawBreaker

Postby iCQ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 am

hope i didnt offend u jaw i knew u there also... i just try to get him to read ur ethics :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :oops: :cry:

Postby Mother_Teresa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 pm

I agree with jaw breaker. I used to blow up all the tanks in enemy base in market garden that are firing in static position. It's a noob strategy shoot with panzers to kill infantry otherside of river.

Also, I used to knife some hidden snipers too. In the bunkers or in the house, cause it's impossible to hunt them from other side of river. Is it allowed to kill snipers in enemy base? They are static weapons too.

Actually I never had troubles with admins for do this, but I must to ask it.
Mother_Teresa

Postby Nateos | George » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:23 pm

i banned him for a few days . i hope he doesnt repeat what he was doing in the future.he promised that to me.
and then again if you see him pixeling on bocage just report it and his next ban is going to be a month one.
Nateos | George

Return to Abuse Reports