-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FIX

Someone has been a bad boy?

Re: GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FI

Postby Markitzero » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:28 am

I saw this post and I am glad I saw it, this reponse is more for the advance users the ones that use router software like DD-WRT you can put the redirection into the router there is a function in the DD-WRT firmware called DNSMasq. This make it whole network wide. like for example if you can a group of friends are in the same house like a LAN Party lol you don't have to worry about applying the exe or modify host file, the router with DD-WRT firmware will manage the DNS Request.

The line I put in the router section for DNSMasq and in Additional DNSMasq Options is
Code: Select all
address=/master.gamespy.com/94.23.196.155
Markitzero

Postby Comandante » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Hey all,
I have a problem, whenever I play bf1942 on my windows 10 and press esc or when the map changes, my screen freeze
I´ve already installed the gamespy patch.
Does someone has a solution ?
Comandante

Postby s[sk] » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:34 pm

cd or origin version?

what patch did you install?

have you tried setting "run as administrator" and compatibility mode (e.g. windows xp) for both bf1942.exe and blackscreen.exe?
s[sk]

Postby andwan0 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Was the real reason why EA had to withdraw Battlefield 1942 was because of the GameSpy copyright? Why can't they just hack it to remove all references to GameSpy?

If we do this, then they can still put Battlefield 1942 as FREE.

Since they withdrew Battefield 1942 from EA / Origin.... does this mean it's not legally free anymore? Or is it still FREE and we can just get a copy from a friend, etc?
andwan0

Postby doci » Tue May 02, 2017 1:26 pm

To register for this forum, I genuinely had trouble with the security/bot question. Well done!

First, some introduction.
Some time before GameSpy shut down in 2014, I developed my own masterserver for Unreal Tournament and Unreal. In the time that followed, I expanded the masterserver with support for a variety of games such as deusex, rune, postal2 and more. With 333networks, a group that runs a number of synchronized masterservers, we try to create support for as many affected games as we can.

One of the affacted games, as pointed out by this thread, is Battlefield 1942. It makes me happy to see that you managed to run a masterserver on your own with success as well.

Our masterserver has been running with success for the past 5 years and provides support for a number of abandoned games. A list of supported games can be found here: http://master.333networks.com/g/all

Until now, I have only limited success with querying bf1942 servers and providing support. I'm hoping to find one or two people who want to put some effort in helping with the development to get this working too.

Basically, I would like somebody to
1) point his/her bf1942 to "master.333networks.com" (or ip: 84.83.176.234) to test if you can acquire the game list;
2) tell me whether it works or not;
3) and if not, help me capture network data in order to make it work.

And a server administrator to
1) point his/her bf1942 server to "master.333networks.com" (or ip: 84.83.176.234) to test if 333networks recognizes it as valid server;
2) work with me to verify that I received the server directly, instead of via the synchronization protocol of other masterservers;
3) if it does not work, help me capture network data in order to make it work.

On my website, I documented the whole process of supporting Unreal Tournament and Unreal on http://dev.333networks.com/masterserver, so you have an idea about the steps.

I realize that I can not walk into this forum and immediately expect that you will all jump in and help. The 333networks masterserver is put together by people who have this as a hobby and volunteer for this. We think that support for Battlefield 1942 would greatly contribute to reliability for the community. If any of you could help us, it would be of great help to this community and ours.

---

There are also some questions above that I could answer/confirm:

Count ComBat wrote:hello - do u already know if its just for a while and it will be back soon as ususal or is it a permanent change?

Since it's an old post, everyone may know this already, but just to be sure everyone is on the same level: GameSpy was bought by GLU and they confirmed that they have no interested in supporting legacy games that used the GameSpy protocol. 333networks recreationally picked up support for a lot of these games.

andwan0 wrote:Was the real reason why EA had to withdraw Battlefield 1942 was because of the GameSpy copyright? Why can't they just hack it to remove all references to GameSpy?
If we do this, then they can still put Battlefield 1942 as FREE.
Since they withdrew Battefield 1942 from EA / Origin.... does this mean it's not legally free anymore? Or is it still FREE and we can just get a copy from a friend, etc?

The references to GameSpy are not enough. Battlefield 1942 communicates using the "GameSpy v0/1" protocol, the way in which you communicate with servers and vice versa. Basically, this is just patented technology, whether it connects to the GameSpy masterserver or not. This is between the game developer and GameSpy. When GLU bought GameSpy, I assume that they also inherited the patents on this technology. With 333networks, we are trying to figure out how this works with legal cases, but so far we have not gotten far/useful responses yet. This might get an update at some point, but I don't expect anything from it.

For the EA/Origin withdraw, according to http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 641411871/ it is still free (license). They may have stopped offering the actual download file, or put it behind a login, but according to their license, it's still free.

Hopefully this helps, I'm looking forward to any response.
333networks Administrator
master.333networks.com -- Master Server home
irc.synirc.net #333networks -- our IRC channel
http://git.333networks.com -- Master Server Source code
doci

Postby §ÐV§GA.BloodRaven » Mon May 29, 2017 7:38 pm

im renting a server from gameservers.com server is showing up here http://bftracks.net/appl/bft/List/host
and by manual ip i cant see there side do i need to get them to update the master ip ? cause it is not sowing up in browser with other 88-89 or so servers i see or are you getting a heart beat ?

servers name is DVELITE 24/7 Pacific COOP
server ip is 68.232.163.32:14567
server updated to 1.6.12 origin
Server is vanilla(No Mods)
server is pure running on linux
also have limited cp ftp access only core bf 1942 files
shows up here http://bftracks.net/appl/bft/List/host
and here http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .32:14567/
§ÐV§GA.BloodRaven

Postby ridgeraiser » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Can you please add this hslan EoD 2.51 Server? Because the owner dont know or do the way back. And i dont know how it works, to make a Permanent or Temporary Server Public.

Thank AX Community!
ridgeraiser

Previous

Return to Abuse Reports