-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FIX

Someone has been a bad boy?

Re: GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FI

Postby Markitzero » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:28 am

I saw this post and I am glad I saw it, this reponse is more for the advance users the ones that use router software like DD-WRT you can put the redirection into the router there is a function in the DD-WRT firmware called DNSMasq. This make it whole network wide. like for example if you can a group of friends are in the same house like a LAN Party lol you don't have to worry about applying the exe or modify host file, the router with DD-WRT firmware will manage the DNS Request.

The line I put in the router section for DNSMasq and in Additional DNSMasq Options is
Code: Select all
address=/master.gamespy.com/94.23.196.155
Markitzero

Postby Comandante » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Hey all,
I have a problem, whenever I play bf1942 on my windows 10 and press esc or when the map changes, my screen freeze
I´ve already installed the gamespy patch.
Does someone has a solution ?
Comandante

Postby s[sk] » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:34 pm

cd or origin version?

what patch did you install?

have you tried setting "run as administrator" and compatibility mode (e.g. windows xp) for both bf1942.exe and blackscreen.exe?
s[sk]

Postby andwan0 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Was the real reason why EA had to withdraw Battlefield 1942 was because of the GameSpy copyright? Why can't they just hack it to remove all references to GameSpy?

If we do this, then they can still put Battlefield 1942 as FREE.

Since they withdrew Battefield 1942 from EA / Origin.... does this mean it's not legally free anymore? Or is it still FREE and we can just get a copy from a friend, etc?
andwan0

Previous

Return to Abuse Reports