-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Does anyone know how to correct this error or what it means?

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Does anyone know how to correct this error or what it means?

Postby Professor_Smith » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:03 am

Howdy Folks,
My name is Joshua Hales (Professor_Smith), creator of HTroop v1.1 (soon to be released as the final version of HTroop). However, I have been getting an error in the debugger (after having ctd issues when running maps with ships in them). The error says: BLLFull cannot interpret (BAPSTTurn) BAPSTTurn; there is more in the error log if you want me to copy and past the section. It doesn't happen in every map with ships (thankfully); mainly ones without a lot of maneuver room for the ships, but that might just be a coincidence.

Please, if anyone can shed light on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thank You,

Josh
Professor_Smith
Lets make war games, not war.
Professor_Smith

Re: Does anyone know how to correct this error or what it me

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:18 pm

I do not have enough intelligence to assist you in this, Professor.

However, I am interested in taking a look at the work you have done so far.

Is there a download link you might have .. or possibly a server set up with the mod?

I ran quite a few clans back in the glory days of this game and I was struggling where to go next. I couldn't do the helicopters of Desert Combat .. and BF Vietnam found the U.S. way overpowered. So, instead of Forgotten Hope, I settled on a mod called "BattleGroup 42" to take my clan in to.

I considered it the very best of all the mods that I looked at. And I looked at them all .. extensively .. and with exhausting hours and hours put in to analyzing each individual mod. Better than Desert Combat, better than Forgotten Hope .. I chose BattleGroup 42.

I chose wrong.

The interest waned and there was no competitive gaming clans that played it.

We ended up morphing the clan in to modern warfare when Battlefield 2 was released. I changed the name of the clan because I did not want to tarnish the legacy of Steal Rage. We were undefeated and CAL Champions. So, I founded First Army. Well, First Army was an offshoot. On the strength of Steal Rage's success, I was offered Commanding Officer of Reverence. When I took over the reigns at Reverence there was well in excess of 150 players in that huge clan. So, I need to organize things. I created an officer corps of 10 .. Special Forces, Air Command, Offensive and Defensive coordinators, an officer bureaucracy to handle the communications between the different wings of the clan and so on. Eventually, I broke the clan down in to two armies .. First Army and Second Army. Then, I appointed a Chief of Staff and Sergeant Major to coordinate the personnel between the two armies to maximize the effect of a large clan.

And then, on Gameday, I was on comms as Commander-in-Chief of all of the battles that were taking place. It was the job of the officer corps to implement the Order of Battle I would draw up for each week's matches.

With a clan that large, it was a lot like playing a Real-Time Strategy game .. except all of the people were real guys. They were all divided in to squadrons .. and I gave gave each squad their own nickname (RAZOR, VIPER, HAMMER, EAGLES, etc.) and it spawned personality and flavor .. a real esprit de corps. They created banners and logo's and such .. and took pride in their squad. Each squad had a Squad Commander .. who had a direct communication link with their division commander on Gamedays. Those Division Commanders could speak to the Chief of Staff.

Only the Chief of Staff spoke to me.

That way .. I could filter out screaming and chatter and sitreps of 120 guys all at once and keep a view of the overall strategy of the entire conflict. Then, I could make my command decisions and moves on a grand scale. When given the commands, it was the job of the air wing commanders or infantry or armor commanders to instruct the squad leaders of my orders. The players would be charged with carrying out the Commanding Officer's strategic decisions inside the framework of their Squad Leader, division commander and Chief of Staff's shading of authority.

First Army, which won The 3FL Championship and went undefeated, was an offshoot of the huge clan "Reverence". The full name, of course, was "The First Army of Reverence". But, the fact is .. the clan was so large that it became unwieldy. So, in the end, I cherry picked the very best 30 guys from the clan .. and created a new sheen to a devastatingly effective competition combat force. We were pretty much unstoppable once my pruning began. We were efficient. But more than that .. we were fucking RUTHLESS at that size. Devastatingly effective .. a true All-Star team.

So, that's some of the history of what things were like, Professor, when this game was in it's glory days.

Competition clan combat on a closed and passworded server ... matches every Sunday night at 8 PM on a weekly schedule.

It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

JawBreaker
Commanding Officer
First Army
-=1A=-

JawBreaker

Postby Professor_Smith » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:04 pm

JawBreaker,
Thank you so much for responding. Np that you can't help me with the error. As for your question, my team and I are very close to finishing HTroop v1.1 and releasing it to the general public, as well as getting a server running. We just have about 3 maps to finish editing, a menu credits file, and then after I put together the last playtester update, we have to playtest the maps and find the correct maplist.con order for the server. If you'd be interested in downloading the playtester install and updates, and joining us to playtest and get HTroop v1.1 completed/going, you would be more than welcome. Here is a link to my HTroop Discord channel. Please join us there and I will hook you up with the download links:

https://discord.gg/M9kUupm

Josh
Professor Smith
Lets make war games, not war.
Professor_Smith

Postby iCQ » Wed May 02, 2018 8:35 pm

It has something to do with your BOTS, either too many or something with vehicles and bots.

Good luck and have fun!

(disable bots for a moment and i think u will find the error goes away)

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion