-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

WHY autoptk and anti-taxi is not so clever

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

WHY autoptk and anti-taxi is not so clever

Postby mistamontiel00 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:22 am

Every tk from me and 95% of the globe is not intended .. so why suffer autoptk all the damn time especially since some 'people' eat your mines on purpose

ptk like you fucking mean it

Also , on Wake round earlier I jeep to the enemy's Zero to enemy af and I got killed punished for it

It makes 'xense'
mistamontiel00

Re: WHY autoptk and anti-taxi is not so clever

Postby Frame » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Yeah the Enemy plane Taxi thing is unfortunate but I often come across ppl who TK for planes or Trolls on purpose. I posted a video where you can see this happening yesterday and you can find the link in another thread regarding videos. The problem however is when people park a taxi in front of planes. Then you have to move it. however you get punished if you afterwards take a plane so you need to blow it up.

There is a way to forgive a TK in the console but i'm not sure if it works. Type FTK shorthand for Forgive Team Kill. I forget this often when i should use it. If it works, spread the word.
Frame

Postby mistamontiel00 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Fuck typing ftk in console ! You will be too late or can't ftk them all and most importantly no one is going to ftk for you

People get 40 second respawn waits for nothing
mistamontiel00

Postby Luzmu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:07 am

I myself find the automatic punish quite ok but people should use ftk more. There is nothing more frustrating than apologising, getting the response "np mate" or something and next time you spawn.. 40sec or so spawn time :-/

Another issue in anti-taxi is, if you ride shotgun to the af and board a plane, you still get punished, for what? :D But I still think anti-taxi should stay but thats just me.
Luzmu

Postby TheVicar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:20 am

Use ftk as quickly as possible and ptk slowly

Luzmu wrote:Another issue in anti-taxi is, if you ride shotgun to the af and board a plane, you still get punished, for what? :D

Because you could drive to a plane, swap to jeep passenger and then get out to dodge the taxicops. (I complained about that aswell)
TheVicar

Postby mistamontiel00 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 am

What the fuck does "ptk slowly" mean , it's automated

:?: ptk like you fucking mean it
mistamontiel00

Postby TheVicar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:48 pm

You can manually ptk
TheVicar

Postby iCQ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Oh man it completely ruins the fun for allied on wake map.. without mines u just cant hold them off... and with mines... well... count on auto kick if u use mines which often completely unbalances the game for a few minutes and before you are back in the server all flags are gone NEXT

anti-taxi... i had once i chase this plane in repair on bocage.. i was close by with jeep so i figure if i come from the back i can steal enemy plane... GOD DAMNIT i had his plane.. but BOEM... cannot steal enemy plane.. ANTI TAXI.. well.. sure... ruined that too... whilst those things are the MOST FUN.. usually leet stat padder pilots who ONLY fly and are hard to catch... if you steal their plane u have justice... legit and fun.. but oh well....

Postby mistamontiel00 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 am

I know I just met you Vicar but don't be so dense

ptk is automated. Crying shame
mistamontiel00

Postby JawBreaker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:09 pm

Hey mistamontiel! It's JB .. I have enjoyed playing with you all these years. Truly.

If you want to forgive the team killing, hit the tilde (or wavy line) key above the "Tab" key on your keyboard to open up "Console".

Then, just type in the command FTK .. and then the guy will not get the 40 second penalty for respawning.

I agree with most everything expressed here. I never did understand what the problem was with taxing to a plane. I never use airplanes so it doesn't effect me. It was a big thing when Moongamers was going .. they would get quite hyper about taxing to a plane.

I always thought, "Who gives a shit?"
JawBreaker

Next

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion