-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Ask for some change

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Ask for some change

Postby Horza » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 am

Hello everyone.
I'm here to give ideas for the server rules.
I think there are more and more assholes players on this server and lot of them are playing like kids.
I request to change some maps like extend the area of "baseraping" (Market Garden), reveal the position after 1 basekill, kick the player who drive on mines after 3 times, stop the crash car like in Bocage.
I need to know if basecamping is forbiden like the sniper who stay in main. What about the artillery (sexton and wespe), can they stay ? Can we bazook or bombing them in main (only them) ?
I ask to 2 admin who said to me that we can bazook artillery.

I post that because lot of times there are no admin, or maybe for 2 hour per day... I know each of us has a life, work, friends but I ask for the moments where there is no admin.

Thanks to read me
Horza

Re: Ask for some change

Postby TheVicar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 pm

I don't think the admins can change game setup?

Its a static server by the look of things
TheVicar

Postby Horza » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm

So anyone can change the map ? By modding ?
Horza

Postby hanyweh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Horza wrote:I request to change some maps like extend the area of "baseraping" (Market Garden)

If you mean the german main it's already approaching 2 times the size of allies base,so i don't see what would that achieve.

Horza wrote:reveal the position after 1 basekill

I'm currently not able to check but pretty sure that's the case already

Horza wrote:kick the player who drive on mines after 3 times

That's technicly impossible to achieve, since the teamkill doesn't make differnece what weapon is used and it can't be scripted. Also what if someone teamkills me 3 times on purpose, he may get auto-kicked for score, but why should i get kicked too ?

Horza wrote:stop the crash car like in Bocage.

I agree with you on this one, they should fix this anti-basecamp glitch, but i'm not optimistic that someone could do that since they use third-party mods/techniques, and since the game is 15+ years old no one is updating them anymore.(I could be wrong on this one, but this issue has been around for many years and since noone has ever done anything about it, i guess their hands are tied on this one)

Horza wrote:I need to know if basecamping is forbiden like the sniper who stay in main. What about the artillery (sexton and wespe), can they stay ? Can we bazook or bombing them in main (only them) ?
I ask to 2 admin who said to me that we can bazook artillery.

This is somehow related to my case, I am currently perm banned for bazooking a guy like that. Common understanding is that you could bomb artillery that's inside protected base by plane, or taking down by other means but only if it's active. There is huge problem with this. For starter Artillery has swash/area damage that can take down doezens of people at once that are out of visual range. Using mobile artillery from position that's hard or even impossible to attack ( like maps without planes - tobruk, caen , aberdeen ... where it can be positioned deep inside main base ) is extremely unfair. When using artillery like that to attack capturable flags ( spawn points ) you can make hundreds of kills with very little effort, but what's worse is that you are in fact discouraging the enemy to spawn there and that affects the gameplay drastically. I believe that when people are complaining about pixelling they mean exactly that. On maps without planes, mobile artillery should only be used from position that's accessable by engineer. The alternative is to allow artillery counter-fire targeting the main base where enemy artillery is located, and that would cause alot of problems :)

Scout on the other hand doesn't have area damage. Unlike artillery scout is only able to attack when you are in visible range(unles cheating).You can argue that it's unfair for scouts to shoot from inside protected main base, since common infantry is unable to get in close range where scout would no longer have the advantage. But you could always shoot back at scouts when you are able to detect their location. Unfortunatelly you can't do that in ax's server, cuz you get warning, your location is revealed and you can even get kicked or banned. The scout issue is most relevant on battleaxe but I don't know what the detection principle is , sometimes I can kill scouts inside main, and sometimes i get warnings and kicks so i tend to avoid it. Another thing you need to have in mind is that medics, assault, engineers, and even anti-tank can "scout" from inside main base too. Bar-1918 is very potent weapon that deals damage similar to sniper and doesn't lose "power" with range, it's somewhat inaccurate but i've done kills with it (battleaxe) from inside german main to the first brittish bunker, so this isn't a class problem it should apply for everyone.

P.S If you happen to meet some admin in the server, please remind him there are like 5-6 unban appeals on the forums and noone has reviewed them in weeks.Thanks!
hanyweh

Postby Horza » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you a lot for your answers, well some questions I guess the answer, but to be sure I prefer ask.
For the first point, on Market Garden, I just found that when the rare moment I waited a plane on airfield, I was basesnipe by a guy. Nothing happened to him, no "dont basesnipe" or anything. That's why I ask the extension of the area.
I think there are still modders on this game.

Well if I meet an admin online or here.
Tonight is boring games... Baserapers, hackers and disrupting gamers were a lot. I stop to play because of them...
Really nervous to dont have more admins.
For them, they are enough.
I will finish to stop to play to Battlefield if anything is did...
Horza

Postby TheVicar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 am

Horza wrote:So anyone can change the map ? By modding ?

No. It just looks like the server manager s[sk] doesn't get involved anymore.

Things are setup permanently as they are. For good and/or for bad.

And there's a lot of good
TheVicar

Postby hanyweh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 am

TheVicar wrote:For good and/or for bad.And there's a lot of good

You are very religious person ...
hanyweh

Postby TheVicar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Its a cover story so I can practice unspeakable evil
TheVicar

Postby JawBreaker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:30 am

So, here's some juicy details on the mysterious ssk, Vic.

I used to be Commanding Officer of a series of clans that competed in CAL, TWL, 3FL and such. Now, Commanding Officers of clans are kind of like .. a club. You're responsible for a great deal of things .. and organize and manage a great deal of people. And since it is the Internet, it's kind of like herding cats. So, you make some pretty good friends and you stay in touch with other C.O.'s of the clans that were also big and successful and thrived.

So, that's the background.

I reached out to some of my contacts in Europe .. clans that came from the European Union nations .. and I said "What do you dudes know about this old aX server for '42?". And .. months passed .. nothing. Finally, a guy who runs a HUGE Battlefield clan for the modern games logs on this private forum that all the C.O.'s have to exchange information and keep tabs on good players .. a bad players .. and problem people you want to steer clear of when running a clan .. that kind of thing.

So, anyways .. that's the format of how I communicate with these guys ..

And, finally, this guy comes on and posts (and I quote .. copy and paste here)

"HEY JB!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOU!

Man, it's been a long time. Some great battles back in the day. Miss those!

Yeah, I pop on to aX once every three months or so to jog the memories of the great times in Internet gaming. I remember Schatzi."

Schatzi?

He goes on to talk about a match we played in the CAL playoffs at Iwo Jima where I devised a strategy to drop 3/4 of my clan on his airfield within 60 seconds of the match opening. (It was wingwalking. It's something we did back then. We practiced it for 40 hours that week. We had the airfield at Iwo Jima in 48 seconds, actually. The Gran Old Days of clan matches in a league in Battlefield 1942.)

So .. there's your salacious information.

Evidently the "s" in ssk stands for "Schatzi".

I'll see if this guy knows in what manner he expired.

I'm guessing ripped apart by a pack of wild dogs.

JB
JawBreaker

Postby TheVicar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 am

Cheers for the heads up on s[sk].

Can anyone remember what date the aX server I.P. changed and if that was near to s[sk]'s disappearance?

I re-imaged a PC back to a 2015 install and the BF1942 server list had the old -aX- I.P. (109.71.69.254:14570).
I joined using that old I.P., it still connects, but my ping was 3 times more than if I then joined with the current 94.23.196.155.

In game the old I.P. plays at a 93 ping, the new I.P. at 31. If I ping the servers I get 64ms for old but still 31ms for the new? Then only twice as much? (And it is the same game server and map and current players)

Did the server get re-routed when s[sk] took a back seat? And can someone who knows something explain that ping/latency difference?
TheVicar

Next

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion