-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Im looking for CD version of BF 1942

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Im looking for CD version of BF 1942

Postby laczek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello! I need to download the original CD version of Battlefield 1942 with all patches etc, preferably with both addons. I used to have game on a disk but disk format removed it. I would like to download from your server because I do not trust torrents. Regards :)
laczek

Re: Im looking for CD version of BF 1942

Postby Freerider™ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm

https://brandonhemmy.wixsite.com/f2pgam ... -downloads

The top left download has all expansions and is fully patched up(I actually checked because I thought it wasn't patched) so you do not need to download the standalone expansions below it.

And you need this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1813

If game still crashes at startup, this helped instantly for me: https://windowsforum.com/threads/turn-o ... 10.205952/
Freerider™

Postby Posi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:09 pm

I understand and applaud those wanting to share Abandonware and connections issues.

However...

Win 10 Solution is a single line of text.. ( Keep it simple )

Start / Programs & Features / Turn Windows Features on or Off / Check 'Legacy Features' / Check 'Direct Play'

Abandonware is listed here, it is .com not a forum. #3 on a google search looking for Battlefield 1942 download.
( Wouldn't we want to keep it that way? )

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/battlefield-1942-7qn

Considering this is the ONLY version I know of which comes with both the book and MAC OS support... I invite users to offer reason why any other version would be better. A convincing argument and I will change my recommendation on pages and channels which I moderate.
Posi

Postby Freerider™ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Posi wrote:I understand and applaud those wanting to share Abandonware and connections issues.

However...

Win 10 Solution is a single line of text.. ( Keep it simple )

Start / Programs & Features / Turn Windows Features on or Off / Check 'Legacy Features' / Check 'Direct Play'

Abandonware is listed here, it is .com not a forum. #3 on a google search looking for Battlefield 1942 download.
( Wouldn't we want to keep it that way? )

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/battlefield-1942-7qn

Considering this is the ONLY version I know of which comes with both the book and MAC OS support... I invite users to offer reason why any other version would be better. A convincing argument and I will change my recommendation on pages and channels which I moderate.

FFS who are you? I gave him a direct link and you're trying to correct me on it. You're also trying to say your solution is better. You seriously need to step down from your high horse because your post was never needed at all.
I gave him a solution which work and it's got everything he and anyone else need. I kept it simple, yet you stepped in and overcomplicated it trying to show you're better than me. What a loser.
Freerider™

Postby Posi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 pm

No sir , you are taking it personal ..
I did start with applauding your help to the community.

So your answer to my question on the differences in build was - " I gave him a link "

It's a link I see dropped often right after I drop the above one, and I certainly am not taking that personal. Nor did I throw any shade on your link.

I only stated the reasons why I believe this link is a better one to circulate.

As far as "Who I am" ; irrelevant I would say .. but if it matters to you.. I have been around a very long time on the 42 scene in a capacity looking after my interpretation of the player's best interest.

Now if I am wrong in any advice I might give at a later date when asked.. ( Which will happen ) , I WANT to know.

So.. I asked 'Openly' -
not just you. If there is any reason to list another build other than one I listed. I'm sorry the question happened to land on 'your' thread and offend you. Someone else, might chime in with specifics eh.
Posi

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:13 am

Let it slide, Freerider.

This guy is a main driving force behind Moongamers server.

That's their attitude. It's the way they have always been.

People quit going to their server because of this attitude and because of many, many other issues.

Now, they mean to move in here since their server has died.

Just act like they are not even alive.

It's worked for me for a decade and a half.

There's no correcting them. There's no reasoning with them. There's no talking to them.

They are the greatest thing that has ever happened on the Planet Earth. They are infallible.

Just fuck 'em.

Environmental nuisance.

Insignificant dweebs.

JB
JawBreaker

Postby Nateos | George » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 am

there is absolutely no need to insult one another .
thank you both for trying to help.
it is readable and quite understandable, so i m sure all those w10 users will benefit from it.
thank you for the support
Nateos | George

Postby Posi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:03 am

Thank You for your compliment Jawbreaker.

I have no admin application in here, am not moving in here. Won't be, don't prefer to grade on player cam w/o PB anyway... and these days. I do what I want within the game when I have time.

It is my fault apparently that I happen to be checking forums anyway. 200ms ping would have made me an infrequent visitor in the past. It dropped some time ago to very playable ping. Probably about the time I joined forums.. or I was helping promote a mod which wouldn't be running on the server you mentioned. Which.. I have done virtually nothing for since a server move, always harsh. : ( Sorry Moon

Run em down w/o cause, they get video tomorrow. Not much, but a token of appreciation from me. You can find those moon videos right down in ax forum video section... oh wait , he avoided sharing vids with the guys that do vids.. hmmm

Jawbreaker, I 'had' no ulterior motive. Don't appreciate my affiliations being named unless I name them.
Posi

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion