-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

How can you tell if someone is hacking?

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

How can you tell if someone is hacking?

Postby masako » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Hey guys, i was just on Battleaxe map and a allied sniper was getting head shots from their main to ours how can anyone even see that far? i thought this was pretty suspect but i have no actual proof is there a program or some feature to find out if someone is hacking? I specced him for a while and every so often his shots were silent is that a hacking tell? any tips to spot hacks? thanks.
masako

Re: How can you tell if someone is hacking?

Postby iCQ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:24 am

We used to use punkbuster for catching cheaters. On battleaxe it IS possible to sniper from one main to the other.

Spec the player is a good way.

There are several techniques for cheating but obviously not something to discuss here. I have to say i not spot any cheaters last few years on BF.. admins are quite keen on that.

Other ways to spot a cheater is to trick them into a trap.. for example if u suspect someone is using aim aid you can move around alot.. if the person gets you all the time and never misses you better record it with FRAPS and post it here.

Actually better just report the player.. the admins here will remember the name and look out for that player.

Also you can look up the player on gametracker.com and see if he/she has insane scores (k/d ratios) and suchlike things.

But.. remember.. there are plenty of leet snipers around.. they had years of training.. you better just take a plane and parashute behind him. Then sneak up to him to knive him from the backside.. they HATE that :-)

No, if there sometimes is no sound is not a sign of a hack. I seen almost all cheats in BF in our old clan =LORD= we study them alot as we played matches on a PRO level and we had to protect ourselfs and our servers. Your story does not really sound like a cheat. But i cannot rule it out either of course.

Also pay attention to the time between the shots... and count the bullets.. he should have to reload!

Thanks for asking and HAVE FUN!

Postby iCQ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:32 am

NOT TO FORGET:

Also you might talk to the player. Be respectful and ask questions. Maybe you learn something from the player... his attitude and experience will be telling.

Often you will find it is just a PRO player... in those cases just try to avoid them or come up with a tatic to beat them!! :mrgreen:

Postby TheVicar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:13 am

iCQ wrote:But.. remember.. there are plenty of leet snipers around.. they had years of training.. you better just take a plane and parashute behind him. Then sneak up to him to knive him from the backside.. they HATE that :-)

Note: Always shout "Go for the flag" just before knifing a sniper.
TheVicar

Postby iCQ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:29 am

LMAO TheVicar... yeah!!! :roll:

I usually do a F6 - F2 ¨hold this position" before i slice his little sniper balls off :lol:

(just because i dont want him to move... thus me risking touching his lil winie.... while doing the surgery)

Postby TheVicar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 am

lol. Voice commands are piss funny when used in the correct situation ;)
Good usage!

Taunting a sniper before, during and after the kill is time well spent.

(Talking of voice commands, I've never done hand signalling on here. Few players do, but when I see it done it adds to the game.)
TheVicar

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion