-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Guitarists unite!

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: Guitarists unite!

Postby iCQ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Thanks JawBreaker!!! Sweettttt..... married your boss :-) hahaha good move!

:ugeek: your soundcloud... sweet.. let me add u to mine and give u a favorite!

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

>>>> check out guys! Share!! >>> https://soundcloud.com/user-179118110/t ... of-the-mix

(LOVE YOUR MATERIAL Ivan COMRADE)

Let me share some of my guitar related things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykke8239h7I

And another favorite channel of mine about amps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBcuvC4l1C4

One of my most favorite guitar player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq5oqY3-vhg

Another crazy cool lad playing amazing in the street:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDws3-jG8I8

* * * ^ ^ ^ * * * a MUCH WATCH!!!

The Song of the Golden Dragon
You can contact me by email on H4K at GMX.RU

Postby JawBreaker » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:53 am

Thank you for the compliments, ICQ. I got your message that you liked "The April Fool" on SoundCloud.

I revisited the song when Comrade brought this up and I do not remember liking that guitar solo as much as I do now. It was probably .. six years .. since I listened to that song. I put it on there so Comrade could hear what that guitar sounded like. And then he didn't even comment! :-)

I tried to remember how I wrote that solo but I could not. It has several different "themes" to it where I expound upon an emotion through the notes. But, I don't remember charting that out. I can't read or write music so I kind of make up my own language for charting solos out. But I don't remember doing any of that. I ask my son about it and he said he was sitting right there when I recorded it and his recollection was that I practiced a few times and then hit "record" and what you hear is the first take.

I suppose that's possible.

That guitar is spooky. Anything is possible with it.

JB
JawBreaker

Postby iCQ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 pm

So your initial question was what he tought about the sound of that guitar u used in that song. Hmmm i did not concentrate on only the guitar but i really like that song. I have it now in my favorite list of my soundcloud app on my android phone. Next time i travel i listen to music and i will get back to you on the guitar sound.

The overall recording quality was fine i must say. Not super clean cut but hey... im not a nagging bitch!!!

:mrgreen:

I like spooky tools by the way... they are the best (and the worst).
You can contact me by email on H4K at GMX.RU

Postby JawBreaker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:36 pm

George and I were speaking on the server during Battle of the Bulge and it made me look around and take stock.

I guess I don't really think of these guitars and such in cash value .. though the insurance company did send in an adjuster to figure out how much I should insure all of this for. So, I pay that premium every six months and that is a monetary value attached to it.

As you move along in life, guys, try to collect things like this that interest you. I am going to turn 52 years old on August 3rd here in a couple weeks. So, this is a lifetime of collecting guitars. The black Gibson Explorer you see in this thread was bought for me in 1985 by a chick I was living with. That was my first Gibson I ever owned. That was 32 years ago. So, keep things that are valuable as you move along in life.

I've been through two divorces and both of those rancid bitches filed paperwork to auction off my guitars and split the proceeds. And I was like, "No, that ain't happening. Period." So, you fight like hell and pay good attorneys and you keep your shit. I had a two seat mid-engine sports car .. for 22 years I drove that car. Incredible automobile. Absolutely gorgeous. And both wives tried to take that from me.

But, as you go through life .. don't let people take the stuff that is valuable. Fight like hell for it and keep it.

Then, when you get to be my age .. you look back at this stuff and it represents a great deal more than money to you.

It's a culmination and accounting of your life in memories and experiences.

JB
JawBreaker

Postby JawBreaker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:43 am

Hey Comrade ..

I don't know if you read here or not .. but .. in the off chance you do ..

September 1 .. my contract is up. Whenever I negotiate a new one, I always negotiate in some trade for spots. Guitar Center is a big sponsor of ours. I think I want a new V. I have no new instruments .. all vintage. I want something new.

Now .. here is the 2017 V in Alpine .. but the fucking neck is .. I don't know what is going on there:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/2017-Flying-V-T-Electric-Guitar-Alpine-White-1500000027967.gc?pfm=item_page.rrt1|ClickCP

I might go for this but .. I'm unsure about the V plate. What do you think?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom/Flying-V-Custom-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

If you have a strong feeling one way or the other, let me know.

If I could take the neck off of the Platinum .. and put it on the Alpine .. that would be A JB Ax.

JawBreaker

Postby ComradeIvanKovolot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Reading and listening bit by bit my old buddy Jaw - this is priceless and made me LOL:

Later on, Def Leppard went a very weird way and started pouring sugar on people

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ComradeIvanKovolot

Postby ComradeIvanKovolot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Both Vs look cool in their own way:

* white one: simple, to the point, you might know I like white, most of my guitars are white!
* black one: I didn't read the name, and on first sight, I got it - they are trying to replicate the '54 Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty" look, even the headstock has the Les Paul inlay, the price is steep, but you are getting Custom Shop mojo.

You have caught me entirely out of my ken - I could never understand flying Vs or figure out how to play them. I think I tried both sitting and with a strap, but just could not get it balanced properly. It's an amazing design though, and you should be able to get to the top frets unencumbered by the body, so sexy.

But we live and learn. Up until my last guitar, I didn't get Telecasters - I thought they were just for chickin' pickin' country players. But then I saw the guitarist from The Smithereens (https://youtu.be/j8j13mh40y8?list=RDj8j13mh40y8) use one for grungy style rock distorted chords, and realized the first Nocaster pickups were overwound single coils with a huge midrange and few highs. The Nocaster U neck is HUGE too. The body is a big slab, the bridge is ancient simplicity itself. And then combined with a relic treatment from the Fender custom shop - I NEVER understood relic - why would you buy a beat up, rusted, worn guitar and pay MORE than normal price??? Now I UNDERSTAND all of the above and love this Nocaster Tele with noiseless Bill Lawrence Nocaster stacked "single" coil pickups. It feels great! Now I want more relics!
ComradeIvanKovolot

Postby ComradeIvanKovolot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Jaw, hey, I like all of the tunes you posted. They are coming from your heart, that comes thru. There's none above any other that stands out to me - the DIVERSITY is quite amazing!

Just since we are sharing fav videos/sounds, here's a band that is in my desert island collection - Frenzal Rhomb, from Down Under, Australia.

https://youtu.be/YSQgL8QnfDY

The must watch section is 8:00 to 8:05 where a guy in the audience on a platform moons the band, gives them the "meat and 2 veg", and cracks up the whole lot of them on stage - this is pure concert magic!!!
ComradeIvanKovolot

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Comrade ..

I've been playing V's a long damn time in my life. See, it's a woman with her legs spread.

V's have their own smell because of that.

So, I find it odd when I go to play any other guitar that I have. Because I play fast, I need the neck upright. I can't do the other guitar's shape. With the V, you have to rest her crotch on your upper thigh. It helps (a lot) if you can have a little 4 inch step stool of some kind. Even a steel fold up chair with the little bar that goes between the legs. And then you just sit your LEFT instep on that step stool or chair back so it is about 3 inches in the air. This lifts the neck up closer to you and higher and allows you to play much faster than a Les Paul or Strat config. It's a V and it is designed so that .. if you don't know how to play it, you can't play it sitting down. It keeps the nerds, geeks and alt-right wing people back on their Stratocasters. V's are advanced cool and accessible to very few people.

I never got the Telecaster .. have never owned one and have never played one that I can remember. It's a country music guitar and I have absolutely no interest in any form of grunge music. Those are just all the garage bands that were not talented enough to get signed when good music was being made. I learned to play a couple of those tunes and they were so simple it was insane. It holds no interest for somebody who is in to Floyd, Rush and old Genesis. It's just music for people that have smoked their brains out on Sinsemilla dope. Act like a man, do some cocaine and LSD. Fucking millenial shitheads.

As for the diversity of the tunes .. yeah .. I do that. I think I do it to prove that I can play different kinds of music. I find it challenging. Like that piano song that you enjoyed. I really liked learning a new technique in playing the guitar so that it came out sounding like I was playing it on a Steinway Grand. That is the joy I get out of musicianship. The best I could hope for with other forms of music is to sound just like Jimi or Eddie or Randy. People would judge you on how close you could come to actually playing "Eruption". I learned to play that all the way through .. and it took so long .. with so much practice and effort that when I got done learning and perfecting it I thought "For what? So I could sound like somebody else?". You try to sound like somebody else when you are 14. In high school people say "Man, he's just as good as Randy!" That shit never interested me. I grew up and started to diversify in to guitar synths and mastering different styles of music. So much so that I wrote all those different styles .. just to prove I could do it, I suppose.

I looked at those V's again and .. I guess I won't get a new V. Neither one of them really blow my skirt up.

I'll probably just go looking for an old Les Paul Custom from the seventies and pay for it myself.

JB

JawBreaker

Postby ComradeIvanKovolot » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

Hey Jaw, as I came across a band called The Melvins (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdzU6YpzJsY , skip to 3:45), and the guitarist Buzzo plays a guitar from The Electric Guitar Company (http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/models/), I saw they did Flying Vs, in aluminum and in polycarbonate. Now that's unique!

https://goo.gl/images/ouNYGM
ComradeIvanKovolot

PreviousNext

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion