-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Guitarists unite!

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: Guitarists unite!

Postby JawBreaker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Well, Comrade, I went and watched that video of The Melvins.

And I respect that you enjoy them, I truly do.

But that's hardcore bad music there. Just my opinion.

I also went and checked out The Electrical Guitar Company that you mentioned.

Here's where I feel old and conservative ..

I mean to tell you in the strongest terms .. there's a reason why Gibsons are Gibsons and Fenders are Fenders. When Champion was getting ready to release our second album in 1983 .. there was a flurry of companies that offered me contracts to play their gear. The most prominent of these was Charvel-Jackson. A lot of guys were playing them .. Randy Rhoads was my hero and he played one .. so .. I took a very, very close look at them. I tried hard to like them. Paul Reed Smith (PRS) came along a little later in the eighties. I remember when they came out, and I had a BUNCH of buddies flock to those.

I tried with both of those guitars. I tried really hard.

The fact of the matter is .. there is a reason it is a Gibson. It's like .. to me .. playing guitar for over 40 years .. I just want to say, "What the FUCK .. are you people stupid or deaf?".

But, a guy named "JawBreaker" is never all that subtle.

I can't believe the way people will defend PRS guitars. They go banzai on it. It escapes me. They are just giving their money over for no apparent reason other than they are flat fucking stupid. Or deaf. Or both.

Man, there's nobody who has ever been more on the cutting edge. I rode that friggin' wave .. HARD .. and continue to do so in my professional life. But .. sucks is sucks, man. I can't put it anymore plain than that. You can feel like it is "the next thing" or "your generation of guitars" or whatever it is that you have latched on to. But, if you do .. you've missed the entire point of guitar playing. As in "playing". PLAY the fucking thing. Write "The Next Generation". Play it. But don't claim that something that is blatantly inferior to be equal to a Gibson or a Fender. Because you're just friggin' wrong. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Put down that fucking water bong and cut a line. Jesus, you people and your dope smoking. Smoking marijuana has now morphed in this country as a badge of nerd, geek and totally fucking uncool. It's for overweight smelly dudes who masturbate incessantly and play their Playstation all day while eating goddamn Hot Pockets. This generation needs to put that shit DOWN, man. It's robbing you of ambition.

As for this:

What the fuck am I supposed to do with that .. put a couple goldfish in it so they can swim faster and faster while I play some Nickelback solo? Maybe at the end of it I could just pop a cork and drink the fuckers as the crowd cheers.

See, a guitar is alive. It is made of something that was alive. It has the capability to absorb blood & tears & hardcore sweat oozing from troubled pores .. emotions .. joy, unbearable sadness, aggression .. even hate. And when you pick up somebody's guitar they have had for a while . .you can FEEL that energy .. smell that sexual frustration worked out through the fretboard.

With plastic, I got nothing for ya there, man.

Here .. Fender is releasing a new guitar ..

You want something to keep for 41 years and give to your grandson?

There ya go ..

https://www.fender.com/pages/electric-g ... atocaster/

JB

JawBreaker

Postby iCQ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Got-to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGb92-2Lq4

Thanks to Jawbreaker for this awesome thread

Be sure to watch the last part where the electric man shows off his repaired amp :-) (i love it) :oops:

When is "Killing the Mojo" OK?

thnx to JB and SSK

Postby JawBreaker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:56 am

You know what, ICQ? I've been through FORTY .. FUCKING .. YEARS .. of screwing with amps. 4 decades.

I came to the conclusion a while back .. I just emulate it. Just like I said with the synthesizers .. and you can hear on those songs .. I play those different instruments with my guitar. Piano? I play it on guitar through a synthesizer set to "Piano". Saxophone? I play it on my guitar and set the synthesizer to "Sax". Go listen to those songs in this thread .. tell me if you can tell the difference.

Same goes with amplifiers for me.

I put away guitar amps some time ago and just use emulation. I play .. in 7.1 Surround Sound ... guitar .. that's my sound. I run a Quadraverb from Alesis on the rears and put it on about a 30ms delay and it is so lush, so deep, so luxurious. No guitar amplifier with one speaker could ever equal what I have in emulation.

HOWEVER ..

When I had long hair and did mounds of cocaine and had all the pussy I could eat ...

This is the amp I played ..

There is nothing even close.

Accept no substitutes ..

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall/JCM800-2203X-1960A-and-1960B-Tube-Guitar-Full-Stack-1300744181406.gc?pfm=item_page.rrt1|ClickEV

JB

JawBreaker

Postby iCQ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Quadraverb oh juicy sweet.. 7.1?? Not 5.1 or whatever? Wow i would love to hear that!

U probably know the .1 suppose to be roughly 1/10th of the audio frequency spectrum that goes through that LFE channel/speaker/woofer.

I not remember anymore, one of two channels in 7.1 usually used for speech/voice by film directors.

So you say you let it "sing" around those 7 with these effects? Genius!

Hmmm that is absolutely genius... are there any 7.1 main stream audio productions? Not sure how many people have a actual real working 7.1 system ready for enjoyment tho.

Postby iCQ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Marshall Tube Guitar Full Stack YUMMMYYYYY :roll: :roll:

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:30 am

JawBreaker

Postby JawBreaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:43 am

This one, Snorkel
JawBreaker

Previous

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion