-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Tips for newbies and idiots like me who miss things

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Tips for newbies and idiots like me who miss things

Postby TheVicar » Sat May 06, 2017 6:10 am

I thought this would help improve gameplay for newcomers. Also for old buggers like me who can't learn by just being awake in the game anymore. (Don't post glitching that helps cheating plz)

I'll start a few:

Problem: Entering an AA machine gun, from a ships deck, when it's moving at speed (When you cant walk up ladders completely to reach the gun platform)
Solution: Stand under the gun and jump whilst holding the enter key down

Problem: Entering any vehicle that is moving at speed or when you are falling
Solution: Keep your enter key pressed down early and continuously, to not lose health or die when entering

Problem: Being spotted when swimming and then getting shot in the head
Solution: Push the mouse fully forward, to put your head under water, and use the minimap for direction. Once in motion, press the talk key to let you swim hands free

Problem: Getting a tank up a hill
Solution: Point the turret backwards and fire it when the tank starts going uphill for more forward speed

Problem: Falling down steep hills and dieing
Solution: To cut deaths when falling: (1)Look towards the hill and run towards it. OR, (2)Keep looking away from the hill and run backwards.

No.2 can be used to get out of a building's upper window by walking out very slowly from an upper window and then scraping your back down the outer wall (difficult one to do and don't try it when there are 2 or more windows below you, e.g. lots of Berlin). Similar to this, try jumping against a barns inner wall at about 45degrees, whilst continuously running, to get down a level without damage (slow ladders when grenades are showing up don't go together well)
Last edited by TheVicar on Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheVicar

Re: Tips for newbies and idiots like me who miss things

Postby JawBreaker » Sat May 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Quality tips.

Excellent post!
JawBreaker

Postby TheVicar » Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 am

On foot, where there are 45degree hills/slopes, you can go down the hill quicker by intermittently lying down when running down them.

Learn the AA positions for an aircraft carrier. Axis and Allied have different numbers for the gun positions shown on the lower GUI ship graphic.

Drivers. Don't jump out of a speeding jeep when the Left side is near to another object (wall, tank etc.)

Do duck your head when driving a jeep when view selection makes it possible.
It makes your head a smaller target and you cant get your head taken off by a plane or flying jeep.

You can expack a lander off a beach, if its not too beached. Just place the bombs a few feet away from it.

When driving a landing craft, practice knowing how to open the front of it before landing.

Position a battleship so both rear and front guns can hit an aggressive target/beach head.

Right click mouse whilst driving the jeep on El Alamein to use massive turbo boost.
To slow down a then uncontrollable jeep, if possible switch to the passenger seat to slow down the problem more quickly.

Right click mouse when you are an artillery gunner, when a sniper has selected a target for you.
Multiple selections from multiple snipers can be selected by rotating the mouse roll button.
If you are the spotting sniper then communicate with the gunner, as you have time, because you are a sniper.

Running whilst leaning into the side of a moving tank will make you run much faster, but only for a bit of time.

Put a mark on the centre of your PC screen (dont use a permanent marker or scratch it ffs) so you can see the unzoomed sniper rifle's aim.

How to bail out of a diving plane, without dieing a lot, no idea.
TheVicar

Postby iCQ » Sun May 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Great posts/tips TheVicar! May i add one?

Problem: Ships that just wont sink
Solution: Get SBD plane or other 2way bomber and fly low over the sea. Try to line up with the ships direction of sailing. Then throttle down as u approach the backside of the ship. And pull up releasing as many bombs as u can. Sometimes you can sink the ship by just one pass! (the speed of the ship will keep itself in your line of fire)
You can contact me by email on H4K at GMX.RU

Postby TheVicar » Mon May 08, 2017 2:33 am

No worries. I'm pretty much empty on playing tips now.

I started this thread to learn from other players as well as doing my own brain dump, but I think most will guard their secrets. 8-)

Its a way of the world I suppose. Not my bloody way though.

TopTip: When you are in 2 seater bomber you can bomb a target silently by aiming your plane at a target from a high altitude dive, then swap to rear gunner, then change to rear view. At the last moment swap back to pilot to drop bomb. Very useful for hitting angrily manned AA guns.
TheVicar

Postby TheVicar » Wed May 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Problem: Getting a German "jeep" upstairs in church.
Solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWs7erMwLhU

Can't be done with a proper USA jeep, they're too fat. Strangely if the jeep flips upside down when its on the 1st floor, or onto its side then it doesn't get damaged and explode like when its on the ground.
TheVicar

Postby JawBreaker » Wed May 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Jeeps don't explode in The House of the Lord

I think that's in Leviticus
JawBreaker

Postby TheVicar » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Lol. For God's sake don't make me read that book again.

Problem: Other religions.
Solution: Your own religion.

TheVicar

Postby pajdo11 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:27 pm

TheVicar wrote:Lol. For God's sake don't make me read that book again.

Problem: Other religions.
Solution: Your own religion.

!wlang vicar no religion talk please 8-) 8-)
pajdo11

Postby TheVicar » Thu May 11, 2017 11:33 pm

TopTip: No politics or religion to be spoken in chat. Its a kickable offence.

(thnx pajdo11)
TheVicar

Next

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion