-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Problem with the server blocking duplicate players

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Problem with the server blocking duplicate players

Postby Titanium237 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 am

I'm Titanium237.

I gave my friend a Copy+Paste of my BF1942 folder on a USB, I sit beside him, I join your server on my PC. He joins your server on his PC and is right away "Banned from Server" cant connect.

He can join other BF1942 servers with me, just not yours.

I had this same problem when I tested the game on a USB using two computers side by side. But a week later it works on your server. Now not anymore.

Details below.

LAZER SNAKE
April 24th, 2017, 1159pm London
Midway.

This is obviously an issue with your server, I spoke to an admin in game and he said post on the forums, and he thinks it's a "Key Hash Ban, rather than an IP Ban".

What's the problem with paying the same game/cdkey on two computers with your server.
Titanium237

Re: Problem with the server blocking duplicate players

Postby TheVicar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm

I've never been able to connect 2 PC's (even with 2 different license codes) from the same internet connection onto any server. But that was years before Origin and also punkbuster was running. Dunno if that helps.

Also, having 2 PC's running side by side on the same server allows you to cheat. That should help.
TheVicar

Postby Titanium237 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Well obviously in the days of PB and Gamespy this was blocked because it means you "pirated/burned/copied the game!" but those days are long gone since EA pulled BF1942 from the shelf and unplugged the servers, "Its done, over".

Now technically we are all playing this game illegally with our modded server list.

This is not the problem anymore in 2017. As I said, all other servers work fine. And so did aX for a short time. Not now.

Also "Also, having 2 PC's running side by side on the same server allows you to cheat. That should help." how is that any different from having 2 PC's in the same city/county and we just Discord/TS with each other. I guess the only difference is screen watching, but if that was the issue, different Copies of BF1942 would NEVER have worked on the same internet connection, and different copies have worked for the past 15 years, where whole rooms of LAN party guys would join an online server.
Titanium237

Postby Titanium237 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:34 am

Hello?
Titanium237

Postby iCQ » Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 am

Give me a minute...

Ok im back (not completely finished reading) but i can tell you one thing about aX. Even tho some people maybe claim there are no active admins and this and that.

I want to confirm.. admins DO work here ALOT and HARD. If they see someone join with same IP twice they will usually spot it right away and talk to you about it. If you and your buddy IGNORE this chat from admin you will be banned. As obviously it smells like cheating ESPECIALLY when you are on both sides!

So... yes post your IP here.. and ask for SPECIAL permission to play with the SAME IP.

Other cause might be that your buddy is using the wrong (tainted) CD key... let him try another CD-key (there are CD key generators online so use it).

Maybe this is to any help?

For the record i am NOT an admin or moderator in any sense... but i know the admins look out for this (obviously they are no newbies or idiots!). They are here to protect the server and the gameplay. So they ban anything that is ignoring them and playing not ¨by the rules¨.

Let me repeat.. if you play this game with TWO COMPUTERS in the same room on the same IP address.... and you join BOTH SIDE (axis and allied) you can see where your enemy is on the map on the other screen. Effectively doing a so called radar hack.

You will agree that this is NOT something that we want. And you are absolutely right sir... there are many other ways to cheat.. and thrust me... they also LOOK for those signs.

Talk to admins... wait patiently... they will surely help you where they see fit.

Thanks for coming to the forums... and i hope to see YOU and YOUR BUDDY back soon!
You can contact me by email on H4K at GMX.RU

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion