-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

More Admins

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

More Admins

Postby Bad Actor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 pm

I know this has been done to death but lets have a clear statement from Da Boss or his deputy.
Are we going to see more decent fair players given admin rights to kick out the idiots that come on and start tk'ing, blowing up friendly vehicles etc?
There are a load of familiar names that play regularly, fairly and if join a map and see those names I know we are going to have a decent sparring session between Allied & Axis.
Just quit Aberdeen because some guy thought it would be fun to expack tanks on Allied base.
Getting to the stage where I'll quit as soon as I see this stuff going on if no admin is present.
Heck, earlier on Stalingrad we had 2 admins , Robert and Paj and they were competing to clean things up. " I Got This" said Paj before dealing with a noob.

Noble words but lost on a map with an admin already present. How about 'getting it' later in the evening?

If it's SSK's shout then that will be a clear 'negative' and at least we can stop bleating on about more admins and stuff and live with it or leave.

Rant over :)
Bad Actor

Re: More Admins

Postby JawBreaker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Yeah, let me second what Bad Actor said. He's exactly right. I was on that map with him.

It's really bad.

There's a guy named .. Archduque Stuffenberg .. or something like that .. it's to the point now with that friggin' dude .. if I see him, I'm just gonna straight out stone cold murder the fucker and consider it self-defense.

B.A., if I was guessing .. and I don't know this .. but if I was guessing .. I would think that this is basically a "ghost" server. As in, there is a map rotation and basic rules set and several folks empowered with administration powers .. and that's it. That's the way it is. Period. It's now just floating with no real heading or course correction. It would seem a guy, as you mentioned, SSK .. could alter things or empower others with admin powers but .. I see no evidence that he hasn't died in a tragic gardening accident. Or possibly choked to death on someone else's vomit.

I fear there is no answer here and it is what it is.

JB
JawBreaker

Postby Bad Actor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey JB

I think you are right, a ghost server. I like that analogy :)

Same old maps in rotation, no special one off events and the same cheesy auto responses to admin queries in game.
Still a very popular server though and some evenings and weekends I can't join as the 'server full' message comes up.
Now if I am being kept off because there are several noobs playing who haven't yet triggered the auto kick for noobness and no admin is dealing with a trend then I'm pissed.
Have dipped into the Simple server on occasion, it's a decent substitute but a lot more Cyrillic tags on there and doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling I get when playing on Ax.
Ax is my comfy armchair if you like, Simple is the cheap plastic emergency chair you set up for relatives visiting on Christmas day.

I'd like to see a structure where we could contribute a few quid every so often to cover server running costs etc.
I'm already doing that for a forum where you can download :roll: stuff and it's kept off the radar concerning take down notices etc, no advertising and a really great community spirit on the forums in all subjects.
I spend so much time playing and enjoying BF1942 I'd gladly contribute some dosh every now and then. It's damned good value for me.
Perhaps if it was structured properly you could grant admin rights to people who make a donation.
That would need some working out however else you'll end up with some people making a one off contribution to obtain admin rights and then become something akin to a James Bond baddie.

Best way would be to analyse stats for players over a period of time or even put it to the popular vote of fellow players (a bit Masonic I grant you) :)

Rambling really but I'd hate to see familiar names drifting off anonymously and before you know it you're thinking 'Shit, I haven't seen <insert name here> for a while" but they have gone forever.
Bad Actor

Postby JawBreaker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Bad Actor wrote:

Best way would be to analyse stats for players over a period of time or even put it to the popular vote of fellow players

Yeah, let's work on this, B.A.

I'll fund it.

I'll pay for it to put it up and get it started.

And we'll all do it .. all of us. Hilly, konjina, Shay, Momz, all of us. And I'll give everybody admin rights that I know and know how they play. That should be no problem.

It's something we should talk about further. I know Hilly sent me an e-mail on the subject just yesterday. Connie (konjina) and I were speaking about on the server last night.

It's something to consider and should be discussed further.

JB
JawBreaker

Postby darko » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 pm

I volunteer. I shall start installing the Darko Banning Party and start a great purge. The Darko Terror :twisted:
darko

Postby TheVicar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 pm

Calm down now.

Amen
TheVicar

Postby iCQ » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:06 pm

I will have to vote against more admins. Not that i have a vote in this but here is the reason why:

1 players abuse
2 admins could also abuse!
3 Who is going to admin the admins?

and last but not least:

4 Look at the unban requests. And at the reports... currently plenty of people are taken care of who misbehave. Sure there are moments we really need an admin around. But how many admins do you think we need to cover the whole comming year to eliminate all wrong doers? Impossible job i tell you. If we just all behave and motivate positively our fellow players to do GOOD GAMES. If we just report where we find a REAL problem... all take a little bit of time to REPORT... then i am sure we be quite fine.

Install fraps or just screenshot... explain why and what.. and have witness at hand. The quality of this server is QUITE HIGH thanks to current admins and skk/ax. We should do the rest... REPORT (just a hint).

And huh... ho... number

5 the banlist is HUGE already... so work is being done. If u find an saboteur... point that person friendly to this forum. They will maybe understand this is not an empty place where you can just mess around with your fllow human being. (tho 70% of the players are not SO GIVING as the team running this server are! Thrust me... most people are sneaky egocentric assholes... ok I STFU now sorry for my bad language).

Postby darko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:42 pm

iCQ wrote:I will have to vote against more admins. Not that i have a vote in this but here is the reason why:

1 players abuse
2 admins could also abuse!
3 Who is going to admin the admins?

and last but not least:

4 Look at the unban requests. And at the reports... currently plenty of people are taken care of who misbehave. Sure there are moments we really need an admin around. But how many admins do you think we need to cover the whole comming year to eliminate all wrong doers? Impossible job i tell you. If we just all behave and motivate positively our fellow players to do GOOD GAMES. If we just report where we find a REAL problem... all take a little bit of time to REPORT... then i am sure we be quite fine.

Install fraps or just screenshot... explain why and what.. and have witness at hand. The quality of this server is QUITE HIGH thanks to current admins and skk/ax. We should do the rest... REPORT (just a hint).

And huh... ho... number

5 the banlist is HUGE already... so work is being done. If u find an saboteur... point that person friendly to this forum. They will maybe understand this is not an empty place where you can just mess around with your fllow human being. (tho 70% of the players are not SO GIVING as the team running this server are! Thrust me... most people are sneaky egocentric assholes... ok I STFU now sorry for my bad language).

Honestly, the average age of the players on this server is quite high and there are enough players with enough maturity to qualify for admin. You could even put the new admins on a trial to see how they handle the unlimited powaaaaah :mrgreen:

Furthermore there really are quite a lot of hours that there are no admins online. We don't need a Stazi like admin presence but rather a few more that are available on certain hours that aren't being "policed" now.

This server has a very good admin policy and is admin'ed quite well but there still are a lot of bad apples (especially on the weekends IMO) that just ruin the game by TK'ing, stealing vehicles or damaging vehicles and still a few cheaters.
darko

Postby JawBreaker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

iCQ wrote:
Thrust me...

That's what she said
JawBreaker

Postby iCQ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 pm

You compare me with whom now? Anyways note i noted i dont have a vote in this. Just an opinion. The lack of thrust in woman is not an issue here (yet).

darko wrote:This server has a very good admin policy and is admin'ed quite well but there still are a lot of bad apples (especially on the weekends IMO) that just ruin the game by TK'ing, stealing vehicles or damaging vehicles and still a few cheaters.

I have to admit i probably not play here enough to know this. I do see plenty people behave in the grey area. Including me actually. Yesterday i saw someone shoot from our airstrip to own planes in the air reloading (that was you). This guy was waiting for a plane and you flew over with 75% damage. I took my colt and shot him 2 times (i was hoping he was 100%). I was trying to distract him...

Funny thing is.. admin was there also to heal him. And asked us to stop shoot.. i complied and was ashamed of myself. The guy who was shooting said ¨yeah i was shooting at plane but my ping so high wouldnt register a hit anyway¨ good point.. very mature... if his ping really that high my hits shouldnt have registered on him either!

It is hard... i hope when i get a ban i will have other things to do with my life. Power corrupts... we need it but not too much. I am weary of people wanting become admin.

Next

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion