-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Highlights from Saturday's April Fools Broadcast

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Highlights from Saturday's April Fools Broadcast

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:19 pm

A big Thank You to everybody who stopped in to chat on TeamSpeak and to all those who took part in our worldwide broadcast of The April Fools on Saturday. It was great to speak with Bad Actor, Shay, Piper, Momzrule, Gambit, Snorkel and all the rest who stopped by. I was hoping to speak with konjina. I truly enjoy his art work here and generally stop playing the game and simply watch him fly when he is on the server. Maybe next time.

I recorded gameplay from several maps during the broadcast but cut out the map "Tobruk" for pasting on to YouTube. I have this crazy Sony Movie Studio software here and I am quite sure if I wanted to take the time I could create Jurassic Tobruk Park if I had the patience. It can pretty much do anything with special effects and such but nobody likes that shit. They just want to see what happened. So, I linked it for you here below.

The most compelling reason to watch the video .. besides the musings of the always entertaining Hillbillyninja in the audio .. is the analysis of the way people play this map at this point in time. This has changed as the years go rolling past. That's an interesting social comment in itself as the focus seems to be mostly on personal statistics rather than the actual concept of winning the game you are playing. Some still play this way, no doubt, but the people have changed over the years and so has the strategy. It's a compelling look at people and their motivations in the year 2017 .. the beginning of The Trump Era on Planet Earth. It is what it is and it is here for you to view.

In addition, this server .. for whatever reason .. almost always "jumps" the map Tobruk in the map rotation and goes from Midway to Bocage. It's odd and I don't know if that is just all the admins total distaste for the map because it has no airplanes or .. if it is a malfunction on the server side. I have observed this with no other maps in the rotation. So, that's another reason I chose Tobruk .. it's a rarity to see it played on the aX server.

If you do find time to watch the whole thing .. which Tobruk is presented here from the very start to the very finish ..you might watch the way the map unfolds strategically and envision how it could be modded to create more compelling gameplay. Out of habit from over a decade of being a Commanding Officer in CAL and TWL clans, I tried to mount a counterattack with Hilly and myself and Snorkel. It failed miserably. The strategy is a standard response to a collapsing defense. The moves I employed in the championship CAL match, in which Tobruk was the arena to decide the title, was a devastating galactic nuclear sledgehammer of highly mobile counterattacks .. roving, probing, searching for weakness. When a flag would turn, I would order streams of armor, ordinance and men to repel them .. sometimes feigning, sometimes committed. It was an eclectic take on the strategy of fighting Tobruk but one that proved effective. We beat what I would consider a superior clan to ours .. as our clan was mostly based on having the best pilots to ever fly in BF42. In Tobruk, there are no planes and I was forced to scramble.

Alas, da shitz didn't work Saturday. Here's the video evidence.

JB

Tobruk Complete 04-01-2017 aX server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IFwfrMORUE

JawBreaker

Re: Highlights from Saturday's April Fools Broadcast

Postby JawBreaker » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Well, son of a bitch.

I went on the server after uploading this and Bad Actor said "You can't view the video".

I thought it was some setting I had not clicked .. user error.

So, I got out of the game and went and clicked a bunch of boxes and reloaded it.

Then, I get a message that I have an e-mail.

"You have uploaded copyritten material to YouTube. That is one strike against your account".

Come to find out, my agent .. my company .. somebody .. registered my voice as a copyright.

What in the .. ?

How could they possibly know that? I mean, seriously .. HOW could they possibly know that?

So, I recorded this on a 16 track mixer audio and the video is separate.

I just turned down my channel and re-uploaded the video WITHOUT JawBreaker.

Unfuckingbelievable.

I don't even own my own goddamn voice.

Coming soon .. anyone I have a conversation with will have to pay royalties.

Fucking corporate America.

They own my ass.

Literally.

Enjoy Hilly and Shay and Snorkel and the rest.

I guess I can't play in any reindeer games.
JawBreaker

Postby darko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Oh yeah I've been meaning to tell you. I really loved your voice and bought it. Hilly's voice is next.

Expect some cool ringtones using your voice in the near future.

Nah man that's actually fucked up. Are you sure any other parts of your body aren't also copyrighted or trademarked?:p
darko

Postby JawBreaker » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:16 am

The thing that is most fucked up, Darko, is .. EVERY .. SINGLE .. PAYCHECK I get .. every one ..

15% goes to my agent

Right off the top

I feel like the dude has the right to come over and screw my girlfriend 15% of the time.

This whole thing, man .. I've been on the air since I was 17 years old .. and I never felt like I "owned" myself.

It's like I'm a whore .. or a slave .. like I'm just some goddam horse that pulls a wagon. Here's this guy that wears a suit .. this guy that wears a suit .. and that lady over there that dresses nice .. and I'm wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt with dark glasses and long hair.

It's like .. leeches .. man.

Leeches.

Anyways .. I play this friggin' game to get away from that shit. You people have no idea who I am or what I've done. You care that I shot you in the ass in some videogame. That's like the most valuable thing in the world to me. Nobody cares . .nobody gives a shit about me or any business entanglement. I'm just some random dude. That's pretty good stuff to me.

I often think "I'll blow my goddamn brains all over the wall with this gun .. see how you people live after that".

But then I play some Battlefield 1942 and it goes away.
JawBreaker

Postby TheVicar » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:27 am

JawBreaker wrote:I often think "I'll blow my goddamn brains all over the wall with this gun .. see how you people live after that".

Put a mine on each one of their car roofs 1st bud.

I agree, this is place of peace and tranquillity that the real world finds hard to dish out in measure.
TheVicar

Postby darko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:38 pm

TheVicar wrote:
JawBreaker wrote:I often think "I'll blow my goddamn brains all over the wall with this gun .. see how you people live after that".

Put a mine on each one of their car roofs 1st bud.

I agree, this is place of peace and tranquillity that the real world finds hard to dish out in measure.

True that, this is my bullshit free happy place where I can freely bullshit.
darko

Postby JawBreaker » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:58 am

***BULLSHIT**

The happiest thing, Darko, is .. the most intense bullshit that BF42 could hand you is non-existent. It's not real.

The most popular show I ever did .. I had producers and managers and agents telling me:

"There's 126,800 people listening to you every day."

Well, that's not real. It's bullshit.

My reaction in that meeting was:

"Well, I better get high then."

Bullshit that is not real is priceless.
JawBreaker

Postby pulsar180cc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 am

nice video :D
nice to hear you guys ;)
pulsar180cc

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion