-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

If you could mod the BF42 maps, how would you mod them?

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: If you could mod the BF42 maps, how would you mod them?

Postby Professor_Smith » Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 am

Well Jawbreaker, First let me say thank you for your sympathy lol. It has been a very long time working on HTroop; 14+ years. I agree that moongamers screwed themselves for the exact reasons you mentioned. Actually, lin, the owner of moongamers is one of most controlling gamers I've come across, and a completely closeminded b****. I was attempting to get her to place HTroop on her mods server (on which she had plenty of free space), and most of her better players and admins, were all up for it, but she put the nix on it.

As for your you thinking that no one plays HTroop, you'd be surprised. Despite its size and the number of other mods it requires to run (being a "mini"-mod), at least 300 some players gave downloaded and installed it. However, half of them are singleplayer only players, and the other half are waiting for me to get it going on an actual dedicated server, built to handle it (hence my constant posting about it).

You also mentioned that someone might as well play FH or DC, and I agree, those are both great mods, with very detailed maps, models, and textures, but just like almost every mod out there, they still use vanilla bf42's physics, damage system, etc, making gameplay repetative and boring. HTroop fixes all of that, making it (as my playtesters put it) Epic! Plus HTroop, being a mini-mod, requires both DC qnd FH, and other popular mods, to be installed, before it will run. So, in playing HTroop, you are essentially playing all those other mods as one.

Josh
Professor_Smith
Lets make war games, not war.
Professor_Smith

Postby JawBreaker » Wed May 17, 2017 4:13 am

Well, you let me know. I don't play mods, ever, but if you get yours on a server ..

.. I'll come and play it.

You have my support.
JawBreaker

Postby Professor_Smith » Wed May 17, 2017 4:24 am

(This message may be a repeat due to the system not saving my last reply)

JawBreaker,
First of all, thank you for your compassion regarding the work I've put into HTroop (not FTroop btw; it means Hales Troop.....Hales is my last name). I have put over 14 years and over 38,000 hours of work into it because I've never had a modding team.

Yes, DC & FH are very good mods. This is why I used data from them (such as textures, standardmeshes, sounds, etc.), making HTroop into a "mini"-mod. However, those mods, as well as most other mods out there, still use the original, vanill bf42 physics, damage system, etc., making combat within the mods just as repetitive and boring as usual. HTroop on the other hand, has all of its vehicles, weapons, effects, physics, bots, and more, enhanced, so that combat is fun, challenging, and exciting (or as my playtesters put it, Epic!).

I agree about Moongamers screwing themselves over due to some of admins, constantly cheating and kicking other players for being better at the game than them. Lin, the owner of moongamers, is one of the most controlling server owners I've come across, and a really judgemental b****. I went through quite a bit just trying to convince her players and admins to vote to get HTroop placed on her mods server (on which she had plenty of space), and even though many of her players and better admins were all gung ho about it, lin put the nix on it.

As for your assumption that no one plays HTroop, actually I have had 300 some players download & play it. However, the problem is that half of them are singleplayer only players (and constantly tell me how good singleplayer is), and the others are waiting for me to get HTroop v1.0b82 onto a dedicated server that can actually handle the mod (not running the server on my laptop for my playtesters & a couple other players lol). Personally, I have never been financially well off enough to afford a server of my own, nor to buy a gaming rig, but that has never stopped me from pushing my computers to the limit, modding, editing, and testing HTroop. Hopefully, one of these days, a generous server owner will take a chance on HTroop, and kick themselves in the butt, for not placing it on their server earlier lol).

You also mentioned that someone might as well be playing FH or DC. Well, the funny thing about that, is that HTroop (being a mini-mod) requires both those mods to run/play it. So essentially, by playing HTroop, you are playing all those other mods it requires, as one. In addition, by having all those other mods installed on your computer, it opens a lot more options for the player (mods to play) when they're not playing HTroop itself.

Josh
Professor_Smith
Professor_Smith

Postby Professor_Smith » Wed May 17, 2017 4:25 am

JawBreaker wrote:Well, you let me know. I don't play mods, ever, but if you get yours on a server ..

.. I'll come and play it.

You have my support.

Thank You JB.
Professor_Smith

Previous

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion