-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Windows 10

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: Windows 10

Postby dringus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:26 am

I reinstalled it back on C: and patches in order

first install battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19. file size 274 mb
now install bf1942_patch_v1.6_to_v1.61b. file size 6 mb

your are near done :0 now install this battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61. file size 2 mb

then the files/bf1942-v1.61-nocd-widescreen-gamespy-fix.zip

and finally the Directx 9

I can usually join a game, but if I try to go back to the lobby or join second map I can get the screen all black thing and ESC, Alt F4, nor task manager work and only way to get computer back is to restart computer. Could it be a screen resolution size thing? Seems to like it better on very small resolution but then game looks like crap! What's next???
dringus

Postby Ziptar » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:10 am

I used the patches found here. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-19 ... 0#U4708890

Works perfectly and i was able to pick 2560x1080 right from the video options tab. looks good and not stretched at all.
Ziptar

Postby thowans » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 am

I've tried to launch a game with Windows XP compatibility, but the problem was in the version of DIrectX. So I've downloaded the installer of DirectX here https://yumdownload.com/directx and replace the old one. I hope my advice will be usefull for you and you'll be able to solve your issue. But for the next time run it with DirectX 9.
thowans

Postby iCQ » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 am

BE CAREFUL DOWNLOADING FROM THESE UN-OFFICIAL WINDOWS LINKS!!!

Even tough the virus total scan shows up clean for this file, you can find directx libraries on the microsoft website as well, not that in itself is safe and without malware. Plenty of people have proven that windows 10 in itself is one of the biggest spyware in the world now.

For example even for windows 10 enterprise there are managment tools to manage corporate devices via group policies and such. There you have the option to disable tracking of user activity and location (all sorts of telemetry actually).

Funny thing is... you can setup group policy to disable these things. But microsoft have build the system in such a way that after 24 hours many of them are AUTOMATICALLY TURNED ON again. So even in corporate setting with very expensive licensing you are NOT able to keep your COMPANY DATA/ACTIVITIES private.

Note that i am not joking about this... do your own research and you will find the shocking news to be true. Or setup a PFsence server/firewall and see what microsoft is sending back to their servers.

Previous

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion