-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Kicking me out of server

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Kicking me out of server

Postby Mateo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:05 pm

WTF is going with this server.i tried to connect with the server and i conected.i played like 10 seconds and the server kicked me with no reason.i know that there are not punkbuster settings because it says :kicked from server....ive done anything an i try to coneect but this shit lways happen kicking me always ....hope hope hope to ssk to fix this .in game nick :Loner MEGATRON
Hope you fix it,its annoying :( :( :( :( :) :) :) :)
Mateo

Re: Kicking me out of server

Postby Combat_Engineer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Ditto, I haven't been able to connect for the past few days.

I understand there was a happening with a windows update breaking some of the servers.

I can now happily play on any other server, but still can't connect to [aX]'s new IP. Judging by the low player count, I assume I'm not alone.

I wondered if they have restricted access to the server for the time being?
Combat_Engineer

Postby Mateo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:07 pm

dont know
Mateo

Postby s[sk] » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Combat_Engineer wrote:Ditto, I haven't been able to connect for the past few days.

I understand there was a happening with a windows update breaking some of the servers.

I can now happily play on any other server, but still can't connect to [aX]'s new IP. Judging by the low player count, I assume I'm not alone.

what does that mean? it doesn't even start to load the map, just timeouts?

and are you sure you're connecting to the new ip?
update your server list and use entry that has aX in the name
s[sk]

Postby Combat_Engineer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:47 pm

It was appearing in the server list, I could start to connect but it would time out before making any progress on the loading bar.

Its working fine now, however!?
Combat_Engineer

Postby s[sk] » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:51 pm

you were probably connecting to the old ip

anyway, if you experience the same problem again, let me know
s[sk]

Postby E-3 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:55 pm

s[sk] wrote:
Combat_Engineer wrote:Ditto, I haven't been able to connect for the past few days.

what does that mean? it doesn't even start to load the map, just timeouts?

and are you sure you're connecting to the new ip?
update your server list and use entry that has aX in the name
the windows update breaks cd rom versions of game from starting up if your still on the original bf1942.exe the master server problems are from ddos attack started by this guy http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3314 to let us move to qtracker but never know for sure it got even be ea but maybe im just to much of a conspiracy theorist :)
anyway if dont want cd rom problems or ip problems just install the new bf1942.exe to do this use the auto installer files/bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe that will fix bf1942 permanently on all versions of windows
E-3

Postby Trench » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:35 pm

E-3 wrote:anyway if dont want cd rom problems or ip problems just install the new bf1942.exe to do this use the auto installer files/bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe that will fix bf1942 permanently on all versions of windows

I'm assuming you meant to link to Team-SiMPLE's battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe, which installs a replacement BF1942.EXE for either the CD-based game or the Origin-based game, depending upon which one is currently installed.

It's agreed that installing the replacement BF1942.EXE is the best and "permanent" solution, since the "master.gamespy.com" name inside the .EXE itself has been replaced with "master.bf1942.sk". As such you will not need to be concerned if the IP address of the replacement master server changes, because whatever address s[sk] updates the DNS name with will be automatically used by the replacement BF1942.EXE.

The --=[aX]=-- bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe is just a helper to update your HOSTS file, so that "master.gamespy.com" will resolve to the replacement master server's IP address. So that's still "a one-time fix" since the IP address written into the HOSTS file is "static".

You will need to re-run bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe again in the future any time the "master.bf1942.sk" IP address changes, so that the helper can resolve what the new "master.bf1942.sk" address is from DNS and update the "static" copy for "master.gamespy.com" in your HOSTS file.

-Trench
Trench

Postby E-3 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Trench wrote:
E-3 wrote:anyway if dont want cd rom problems or ip problems just install the new bf1942.exe to do this use the auto installer files/bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe that will fix bf1942 permanently on all versions of windows

I'm assuming you meant to link to Team-SiMPLE's battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe, which installs a replacement BF1942.EXE for either the CD-based game or the Origin-based game, depending upon which one is currently installed.

It's agreed that installing the replacement BF1942.EXE is the best and "permanent" solution, since the "master.gamespy.com" name inside the .EXE itself has been replaced with "master.bf1942.sk". As such you will not need to be concerned if the IP address of the replacement master server changes, because whatever address s[sk] updates the DNS name with will be automatically used by the replacement BF1942.EXE.

The --=[aX]=-- bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe is just a helper to update your HOSTS file, so that "master.gamespy.com" will resolve to the replacement master server's IP address. So that's still "a one-time fix" since the IP address written into the HOSTS file is "static".

You will need to re-run bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe again in the future any time the "master.bf1942.sk" IP address changes, so that the helper can resolve what the new "master.bf1942.sk" address is from DNS and update the "static" copy for "master.gamespy.com" in your HOSTS file.

-Trench
yup plus it fix win 10 problems and kb3086255
E-3

Postby NoSurrender » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:53 pm

s[sk] wrote:you were probably connecting to the old ip

anyway, if you experience the same problem again, let me know

I have the same issue. I have tried reinstall of the files above but it doesn't work. A few days I can play fine, other days I get constantly in the first minute of joining.

I have no issues on other servers.
NoSurrender

Next

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion