-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

[Solved] Server not sending heartbeat, no ping

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

[Solved] Server not sending heartbeat, no ping

Postby GreenG0at » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Greetings,

I have a problem with my Bf1942 server (Linux). It is up and running and you can join via direct connect, but it's not sending the heartbeat to your master server. I've edited the hosts file and opened the required ports in the firewall, but I can't even get a ping to master.bf1942.sk .

Can someone help me or tell me what the problem could be?
Server adress is 87.106.9.223:14567 .

Thanks in advance

GreenG0at
Last edited by GreenG0at on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenG0at

Re: Server not sending heartbeat, no ping

Postby s[sk] » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:06 pm

doesn't respond to queries on port 23000
s[sk]

Re: Server not sending heartbeat, no ping

Postby GreenG0at » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Thank you very much!

You were right, just configuring the firewall didn't do the trick somehow.
I found a solution via netcat, maybe it's not perfect, but at least my server's now sending the heartbeats.
GreenG0at

Re: [Solved] Server not sending heartbeat, no ping

Postby Deadcode » Sat May 09, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm trying to host a server on Windows, and I'm having the same issue (server not appearing on the list). I already checked my "reachability" configuration (I can host other games servers and it can be reached from the internet).

I am running BF Server Manager v2.01, and the BF1942_w32ded-1.61-patched from Team Simple. I could connect manually to my own server (using the external IP) via icon shortcut (can't type the IP into BF1942 add server box, only the port).

I opened the following ports on my router (and enabled the same ports and also the applications to make sure):
    TCP: 28900
    UDP: 14567, 14667, 4711, 14690, 23000-23009, 22000

I can't check the open ports with a tool (like https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ or others), especially because UDP doesn't work like TCP (but even 28900 doesn't show as open).

It's complicated for me to troubleshoot further, and I was wondering how the other user solved the issue with netcat. Perhaps writing a piece of code replying to the queries on 23000? How are these queries even formatted like? How should one reply?

Thanks in advance
(check my profile to contact me on Discord if you want)
Deadcode

Postby iCQ » Sun May 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Jo deadcode...

first of all king SSK is super super busy... he sure can help but i think i know he plenty help already on his list so maybe wait a year or two before he can help you

second... use nmap for portscans and such...

3th... this forum is not so active for the obvious reasons... if you need pro help i advise you to go to the simple forums. The guys there are great (skip my posts there, nameless, tuia and i have a little bitch fight, ignore it, we are all fine (i hope)).

http://team-simple.org/forum/

register and make account.. go to the tech support section and ask for help there. I am sure tuia or one of his guys (girls) will help you. Next to aX they are the best guys (and girls) in the game. Also plenty modders reside there...

But be patient with reply... tuia (the owner) is a busy man.. and he has more than enough problems on his hands... so it can take a few weeks before he might reply.

And last... use gametracker and such to see your server... it takes a while before it shows up! Plenty of guys there ran their own servers... also Admin Arkos is great with it (he the best admin in SIMPLE).... his server is top of list (just not with player count, i think it is more fun/experiment match server, not sure).

anyway the SIMPLE team is the way to go for you.. and nmap... i not sure what u know about this.. take a look:
https://nmap.org/
Visit our clan at https://bf.SPCL.tk
You can become member of the //TAKE clan by register on forum and put CLAN TAG to your name (//TAKE or just TAKE)

Postby Deadcode » Sun May 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Thank you for the reply,

I do know about Nmap and other tools to check open ports. I think this has to do with setting applications correctly, and maybe with the OS too.

I was checking the http://master.bf1942.sk/ server list, waited for 20-30 mins I guess.

Posting on Simple forums seems a good idea, I will give it a try.
Deadcode

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion