-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FIX

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FI

Postby jjackson524 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 am

how do I fix the invalid cd key ??
jjackson524

Postby Moosig » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Hello everybody and thanks for your great Work to keep Bf42 online.
I installed it a few Days ago and was happy that you offer a solution to join Multiplayer.
But i got a little Problem with my Serverlist. It shows all Servers, but i can only connect to the "Simple" server.
When i try to connect to the others it says "invalid cd key" and game closes.
All these Servers disappear, when i select pure only.
I have all Patches installed, downloaded the rar. file and run your patcher for the BF42.exe
What can be the problem?

Greetings Moosig
Moosig

Postby s[sk] » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:42 pm

hm, that's interesting

try to run this patcher

battlefield_1942_gamespy_patch_v1.61.exe
s[sk]

Postby Moosig » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. I think i need to reinstall the Game first, cause the Patcher cant find a Bf42 installation.
I will response later.

€dit: It works! Thanks a lot! :D
Moosig

Postby Nic727 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi,

I made an account only for that and I want to thank you for your work. But I have a problem. You made that for 1.61 and not for 1.6.19 (latest version of the game).

thank you very much :)

EDIT : ok I found that the latest version is 1.61b, but when I'm in-game with your fixe, almost all servers are greyed, even the one with CD+Origin :(
Nic727

Postby s[sk] » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Nic727 wrote:EDIT : ok I found that the latest version is 1.61b, but when I'm in-game with your fixe, almost all servers are greyed, even the one with CD+Origin :(

that is normal, those are reporting version 1.612 (otherwise origin clients wouldn't see them as they hide everything lower than 1.612 in their server browsers) but you can still connect to them with 1.61 (latest cd version)
s[sk]

Postby Nic727 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:52 pm

s[sk] wrote:
Nic727 wrote:EDIT : ok I found that the latest version is 1.61b, but when I'm in-game with your fixe, almost all servers are greyed, even the one with CD+Origin :(

that is normal, those are reporting version 1.612 (otherwise origin clients wouldn't see them as they hide everything lower than 1.612 in their server browsers) but you can still connect to them with 1.61 (latest cd version)

ok thx.

Good job :)
Nic727

Postby swiftwing » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I'm really surprised, 1942's numbers are now the same if not higher than Battlefield 2's on average. But revivebf2 has had some server and launcher problems so once those are ironed out things may change.. But I still say this was a really good transition.

Sorry if this a touchy subject here, while I'm against piracy, since EA has completely abandoned the older Battlefield's, uploading a copy of 1942 with this mp patch to torrents to make sure it truly lives on sounds like a good idea. The guys at revivebf2 are going to do the same in the future.

Any thoughts on this?
swiftwing

Postby JarJar Binks » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:12 pm

s[sk] wrote:that's unfortunate

after spending some time googling it seems that apple has a nice habit of completely breaking or changing how certain stuff works in every release so it's almost impossible to find a way that'd actually work in your version

i'll try to get osx 10.6 working in vmware and check myself what's going on there

there might be also a possibility to modify osx bf1942 binary to use the other master directly but i don't know if there are any crc checks in it and if you would be able to extract it and then replace

Hallo all,

same problem here with Mac OS 10.6.8
Is there any solution?

Thanks
JarJar Binks

Postby s[sk] » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:50 pm

JarJar Binks wrote:same problem here with Mac OS 10.6.8
Is there any solution?

does it freeze now when gamespy.com dns records are gone?

unfortunately as i've found out macos version is quite different from pc version (port done by another company) and uses different (newer) gamespy sdk for getting server list (using different protocol on a different port)
this is not currently implemented and unless there's a massive demand for it (i know about 3 people using it including you), it probably won't (you can't even run that game on 10.7+ so there probably isn't many macos bf1942 users out there)

using 3rd party apps like x-fire or gametracker is what i recommend now for osx users
s[sk]

PreviousNext

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion