-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER / FREEZE FIX

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: GAMESPY SHUTDOWN / REPLACEMENT MASTER SERVER

Postby s[sk] » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:33 am

thanks for the offer but you might rather contact people at http://revivebf2.com/ since bf1942 and bf2 are quite different when it comes to gamespy support and requirements
s[sk]

Postby tombu » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Nice to see the servers still running :mrgreen:
tombu

Postby mordorknight » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 am

Having the same problem as Mr cheese

Installed the EXE replacement
opened multiplayer
nothing shows up for the servers
cant direct connect either (using the desktop shortcut, it just says unable to connect)

Using free bf version from team-simple.org, random key gen i think, version 1.612
mordorknight

Postby s[sk] » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 am

it sounds like your firewall is blocking the exe from sending any packets
s[sk]

Postby mordorknight » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 pm

before I say anything else, I just want to say thank you to everyone for their patience in helping me

that being said

i tried it with the firewall off, still didnt work
i turned the firewall back on, then allowed connections for bf1942, still no go
this is so frustrating :S
mordorknight

Postby redweed » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Hey hey. I've managed to change the hosts file to allow me to find servers on the new list (thanks for that!)

But when it comes to hosting a server I can't get it to show on the browser list with the other servers. How do I make it show publicly?

The reason I want to make a server is I was trying to drum up some interest in the BFpirates mod again, yarrr!!

I might just be noobing out, because I don't really have any experience of hosting servers prior to this either but if anyone has any pointers that would be appreciated, cheeee-yarrrs!!
redweed

Postby s[sk] » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:18 pm

hey,

the official gamespy master is still up (there's absolutely no information if it's really going down, when it's going to happen, etc) so most players and servers are still using it which is fine (and that's what i suggest, use the official while it works)
servers periodically send heartbeats to the master (by default the official one, can be changed by hosts trick the same way as with client) - but they can send it to only one at a time
so the servers in this replacement master are currently those i've manually imported from the official (there's date of import in the first post) + those that switched and are sending heartbeats

i'll do a new import in the near future and that should include your server if it's running and visible on official master
s[sk]

Postby Trench » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:28 pm

s[sk] wrote:i'll do a new import in the near future and that should include your server if it's running and visible on official master

Thanks for keeping the alternate master server & periodic sync operations going s[sk], while EA decides what they're going to do and when they want to tell us about it. Crappy to have to maintain a "half of the people transitioned and the other half haven't yet" situation, but definitely no better recommendation to make when EA's decision could still go either way.

-Trench
Trench

Postby E-3 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:25 am

gamespy whent offline today :( so s[sk] its time you post a new BF1942_w32ded.exe so that we can all host easy on your new master server :lol:
E-3

Postby s[sk] » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:47 am

use hosts trick for now or give me a link to the BF1942_w32ded.exe you're using (there's way too many versions out there with different patches) and i can patch it for you
s[sk]

PreviousNext

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion