-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

End of Gamespy Support

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: End of Gamespy Support

Postby seventy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:30 am

Guys, don't panic and relax please.

And don't spread mass hysteria to the online players please :D
seventy

Postby Grabbi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:51 am

Even with the mass hysteria you've caused I'm waiting untill 1st of june to see what's really going to happen.

Guys, don't panic and relax please.

And don't spread mass hysteria to the online players please

We had this already 2x in BF1942, that Gamespy Masterserver didnt work...and know WELL what happened.

Just relax and wait if you think it´s the best you should do ;o)

EA announced to take over masterserver for BF2,BF2142 and Bad Company2

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/10/e ... py-servers

No word from EA about BF1942 yet

https://twitter.com/OriginInsider/statu ... 5182783488
Grabbi

Postby s[sk] » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:02 pm

finally got myself today to work on gamespy master server replacement (in case we will really need it)

it's still a proof of concept but seems to work somehow, currently with only static test list of servers

anyone who wants to test that should add

109.71.69.254 master.gamespy.com

to hosts file

you should see 9 servers when you update (or less if you're on origin)
s[sk]

Postby freddy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am

Works like a charm! Super fast update there on midway to ;)

Dunno if i burned 37.187.19.136 in Gamespy somehow Image but it just refuses to list any servers from that IP.
freddy

Postby DEICIDE » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:24 pm

s[sk] wrote:finally got myself today to work on gamespy master server replacement (in case we will really need it)

it's still a proof of concept but seems to work somehow, currently with only static test list of servers

to hosts file

Can you explain to a moron like me how do I do it? :)
DEICIDE

Postby s[sk] » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 pm

you don't have to worry about it for now, when it's all ready, i'll create a thread with detailed information and have it in announcements on the server
we're still more than a month until the doom so it's fine to use the official master list for now
s[sk]

Postby DEICIDE » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Thanks, that calmed me down a bit :P
I think the stats page doesn't work anymore, I'm stuck on 777 rank for months now.
And great job on this server! it's my first choice whenever there's a free spot :)
DEICIDE

Postby E-3 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:34 pm

s[sk] wrote:finally got myself today to work on gamespy master server replacement (in case we will really need it)

to hosts file

we need your fix now!

look this topic http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 9535206577

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

if you dont have fix that make server browser work on bf1942 post on that bf4 forum topic force ea to give the source code of bf1942
E-3

Postby s[sk] » Mon May 12, 2014 1:08 am

i've hacked together a small tool that patches/unpatches windows hosts file for use with the replacement master server

files/bf1942_gamespy_patcher.exe

it's briefly tested on win7, i expect it might explode on different versions, please report

what it does:
it resolves master.bf1942.sk to get the current ip (in case it was changed) of the replacement and then should let you patch/unpatch/fix you hosts file depending on its state
for this it needs admin privileges (it should ask for it on start) because that file is normally protected on vista and higher

if you want to do that manually, you need to add this line

to your hosts file, located at

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

(in case on w9x it's c:\windows\hosts if my memory serves me well)

to switch back to the official gamespy server, use the tool again or remove that line manually

i'll provide link to the patched bf1942.exe if someone prefers to replace exe instead of hosts patching (both methods should yield the same result, hosts method might render some other games that use master.gamespy.com non-working (well, only until that server goes down anyway))

EDIT:

currently the replacement master list server provides only a small static list of servers, its current purpose is to test and catch any possible problems
support for dynamic server registration will be added shortly but since any bf1942 server can register itself only to an official gamespy server or to a replacement one (after modification to the server executable/hosts), i expect the servers to switch to the replacement server only when the official one goes down (unless they're keen to mess up with stuff like tee target of iptables)
s[sk]

Postby s[sk] » Mon May 12, 2014 1:09 am

also, here's a link to an installer that installs shortcuts to directly connect to ax by one doubleclick

files/bf1942-ax.exe
s[sk]

PreviousNext

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion