-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Tips for newbies and idiots like me who miss things

Discuss. About Battlefield. 1942 of course.

Re: Tips for newbies and idiots like me who miss things

Postby TheVicar » Sat May 13, 2017 12:28 am

I posted this earlier but it needs more info.

"Put a mark on the centre of your PC screen (dont use a permanent marker or scratch it ffs) so you can see the unzoomed sniper rifle's aim."

An unzoomed rifle will give instant accuracy unlike the zoomed 2 second wait. Also when zoomed and you miss with your last bullet or you fire on a 0, don't move the rifle, reload and then fire unzoomed and you will often hit your target, its worth the 1st bullet being wasted even if they've moved.

Another bonus is in close combat, the dot on your screen allows you to aim.
Last edited by TheVicar on Sat May 13, 2017 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheVicar

Postby TheVicar » Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 am

Situation: The ship is sinking and you're getting into a landing craft to escape. The enemy ship is waiting to kill you in your escaping landing craft. (Similar to shooting kittens in a bucket)

TopTip: Gain yourself some valuable hiding time by entering the lander, but don't launch it away from the ship. The lander, with you in it, will sink whilst still attached to the ship. It buys a bit of distraction/doubt time as the attacking ship cant see the lander on the minimap or you on the surface.
TheVicar

Postby TheVicar » Sat May 13, 2017 1:10 am

Situation: You find an enemy sniper that is lying down.
TopTip: Always shout "GO FOR THE FLAG" whilst using your knife.
TheVicar

Postby iCQ » Sun May 14, 2017 11:51 pm

TheVicar wrote:Lol. For God's sake don't make me read that book again.

Problem: Other religions.
Solution: Your own religion.

ROFL LMAO!!!!! :roll:

Postby iCQ » Sun May 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Situation: -3 score on aX server
TopTip: exit and join again, saves you a minute or two (depending how newb u are)

Beware aX mods and admins aint stupid.. if you do this on PURPOSE you are soliciting for a genuine shiny gold edged ban.

And NO.. you can cry and lie and cheat here on the forums for an UNBAN but none of us will stand up for you.

We are fair, honest and fun teamplayers here!

(welcome to aX)

Postby TheVicar » Wed May 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Problem: Driving a jeep at speed over rough, bumpy ground and then the jeep flips over.

Solution: Keep the throttle/up key pressed down. Tap the left and right key, on and off, very quickly in succession whilst driving over all of the uneven surface. If the jeep starts to lose control, let go of all the keys for 1 second and then carry on as above.

(not that effective with turbo boost engaged)
TheVicar

Postby iCQ » Wed May 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Problem: Planes attacking your captains ship

Solution: Use the landing craft's gunner, get in by aim at spare seat and press E. Then switch to seat 2 and aim for the planes. Mostly the pilots will assume u are in the other AA guns of the ship AND this way you always have bullets (as the upper two AA machine guns run out of ammo at some point. U can always get new landing craft's!).

This following link is for our good friend TheVicar : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-sGpTpkxE

Postby darko » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Problem: you suck.

Solution: Git Gud.

But for something more serious:

Problem: you suck at sniping moving targets or just targets in general.

Solution: learn to lead your target a bit and learn that it is not always the right idea to aim straight on. oh and headshots are just not easy. Better take two body shots than to try and fail for a headshot.
darko

Postby TheVicar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Gameplay Tip: Improve visible playing screen. Press F8 to get rid of the top comms menu during gameplay.

Change to tip from 1st post on this thread (which was about getting out of a buildings high window without dying). You can scrape backwards down a wall from the very top floor on Berlin, I got it wrong. The top window must have a wide enough ledge, so you can jump onto it 1st, then crouch and walk off the edge (very slowly) whilst scraping your back down the wall.

You can drop down a floor (elevator style) going back inside the window below by keeping the back button pressed, or keep taping it to go all the way down the outside of the building.
TheVicar

Previous

Return to BF1942 Related Discussion