-> NEW SERVER IP: 94.23.196.155 - PRESS UPDATE BUTTON IN GAME TO REFRESH YOUR SERVER LIST <-

-> Get fix for server browser freeze caused by Gamespy shutdown here <-

Is madkiller banned? (pls unban?)

So you have been a bad boy.

Is madkiller banned? (pls unban?)

Postby (cs)geeky » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Impressive how a ghost is paying for this server, I'd like to say thanks for doing so.

I recently returned to trying to get some bf42 hours in, and was also wondering if madkiller could be unbanned. Apparently he can't remember when the ban started, but when he goes into ax he gets autokicked 10 seconds or 1 minute in. Don't even know if this is a ban or not, but it probably is, from years ago, either his device ID, ip range or something were perm banned in a manner that doesn't say 'you're banned from server', is that even possible? It seems to be a script from the ghost admin targeting him? Anyway he probably got into a fight with someone years ago I dunno, can he have a second chance please?

thanks and thanks for keeping the light of bf42 going, albeit if it is in this kind of a depressing state.
(cs)geeky

Re: Is madkiller banned? (pls unban?)

Postby TheVicar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:49 pm

Its not a ghost script!

I think its a machine hardware identifier with other easy combinations, as the installation copy/registry code/IP makes no difference. Although IP ranges and these can also be used

Permbans can be evaded, but I've not worked that one out and I stopped trying 1.5years ago
I'll just accept that when I'm gone, I'm gone

As for s[sk], fair play to him. I appreciate the setup and standback approach. Let it naturally manage itself

Its almost like a BF1942 social experiment
TheVicar

Return to Unban Requests